Production Coordinator at Casper
Casper is looking for a Production Coordinator for components to assist in raw material planning and vendor compliance. As a production coordinator for components, you will support the supply planning team and your work will lead to the health and performance of the mattress category at Casper.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do...
- Support the Tier 2 and Tier 3 supplier relationships through coordination and communication
- Review capacity requirements
- Determine allocation to Tier 1 suppliers in times of limited supply
- Ensure Tier 1 procurement is aligned with needs of finished good production plan
- Maintain production order tracker
- Ensure ship dates are met
- Work cross functionally with package engineering, and merchandising team
- Manage component transition timing, minimizing liability
- Assist the merchandising team on supplier considerations for new product launches
- Communicate effectively as a liaison between operations, sales and corporate on any production issues that affect schedules
- Manage internal component inventory, ensuring availability and procurement of goods
- Coordinate and track component sample requests
- Assist with risk buy PO creation, monitoring of approvals and distribution of suppliers through the ERP system (JDE)
- Ensure SKU information is maintained, request amendments as needed
- An understanding of supply chain operations, gained through a relevant bachelor’s degree (such as in Supply Chain Management) or work experience in logistics, fulfillment, or 3rd party manufacturing
- 1-2 years work experience in a position which involves stakeholder communication, managing and tracking metrics and projects, and analysing data to decide on appropriate actions
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to keep track of multiple ongoing projects and priorities
- Diligence in working through challenges and solving problems
- Proficiency in Excel, with the ability to edit and interpret basic formulas
- Proficiency with G suite (sheets, docs, slides)
- Experience with ERP, WMS, TMS or PLM systems are preferred!
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!