Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
Are you passionate about contributing to a culture where every individual can achieve their full potential? Do you have project management skills and expertise in change initiatives? CityBlock values diversity, equity and inclusion, and our culture fosters respect and opportunity for our employees. This is an opportunity to have a direct impact on our diversity and talent management initiatives as we journey to become an even more diverse, inclusive and equitable organization.
In this role as a member of our People organization, the successful candidate will partner with our DEI working teams and executive sponsors to develop and execute diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy, programs and projects aligned with our Common Thread Charter and our three focus areas: Social Justice, Belonging and Representation.
The ideal person for this position is a motivated and talented HR/DEI professional who prides themselves in their ability to produce strong analysis of data, foster constructive and important dialogue and affect positive change. The successful candidate will need courage, empathy, and a demonstrated track record of delivering results.
The Program Manager will lead and/or support the execution of specific sector DE&I strategic objectives and actions, including but not limited to the following:
- Ensures and audits that DE&I policies , processes and systems are embedded across all People efforts with a focus on both Talent Acquisition and Talent Management programs.
- Provides project management of DE&I programs aligned with the three focus-areas:, tracking and communicating progress, challenges, and opportunities, coordinating work streams with track leads to ensure efficient and effective delivery of output.
- Helps develop, maintain, and analyze a series of metrics that guide our overall DE&I strategy in support of quarterly dashboard reports and relevant benchmark data.
- Critically interprets results and identifies themes, develops preliminary conclusions, makes recommendations, and prepares and delivers executive-level briefing.
- Designs and implements program metrics, including pre- and post-program measurements to assess program outcomes and effectiveness.
- Collaborates on the design, content and maintenance of DE&I communication
- Works with vendors to facilitate procurement of services as needed.
- Works collaboratively across functions to evaluate need for and advocate for additional DE&I data and/or content within key development programs, reporting and/or resources, as needed.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition, Market, Operations, People Business Partners, employee affinity groups, and other key stakeholders on the planning and execution of our effort to deliver results aligned with our DE&I goals and objectives.
- Contributes to the development of innovative approaches and applies DE&I constructs in an ever-adapting landscape of best practices. Works on unusually complex problems and provides highly creative solutions. May serve as organization spokesperson on specialized projects or programs.
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management, organizational development, business administration or closely related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years HR Diversity & Inclusion related experience supporting leadership and company-wide change initiatives; including creation and maintenance of DEI metrics/analytics, design and delivery of diversity education programs.
- Strong project management experience with a proven record of success working independently to scope, plan and manage projects and programs, setting priorities, creating workflows, and managing stakeholder engagement and accountability.
- Oral and written communication skills; able to effectively persuade, advocate, influence, and negotiate, as appropriate; clarity, tact, professionalism and consensus building skills - in writing, speaking and presenting information.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities with superior attention to detail in a fast paced, complex organization.
- Experience with working in or leading cross-functional teams and facilitating discussions.
- Experience managing vendor/consulting partnerships to meet project deadlines and budgets.
- Experience with administering or delivering cross-cultural assessments.
- Passion for diversity initiatives, fast learner and willingness to invest time in your own development.
How We Define Success:
- Development of a project plan and process for capturing and executing all DEI workstreams
- Creation and implementation of a RASIC model to ensure accountability across all activities
- DEI Audit of current People processes and programs
- Creation and execution of a communication plan
- Successful launch of DE&I / Talent Management program pilots (mentoring and manager training)
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.