Program Manager (IPCM) at Unqork
Unqork is the no-code platform that's pioneering a new way for companies to build, deploy, and manage complex, enterprise-grade applications. At this moment, Fortune 100 companies are using Unqork to create and deliver software without writing a single line of code.
Gary Hoberman, former CIO of Metlife, founded Unqork in 2017 with a team of hand-picked industry professionals, and together we're creating a massive paradigm shift in the way software is built. If you want to have a hand in defining the future of application development, we want to hear from you.
The IPC Manager (IPCM) is responsible for the upkeep and smooth operations of IT systems. They oversee all aspects of the incident/problem/change management process, from evaluation to resolution. The IPC Manager records all issues/changes and helps to design ways to prevent similar problems or audit changes in the future. He, she, or they will liaise with technical support teams to create procedures to deal with problems, changes, and develop solutions.
In an environment this complex and as our customers become more enterprise and sophisticated, it is critical that we have a lead that will implement the incident, problem, and change management framework. There is a high correlation between the incident, problem, and change; industry-standard estimates that over 80% of major incidents are change related. Change-related incidents are also easiest to remediate. While it is understood that incidents should be discovered and remedied as quickly as possible, IT organizations should also track and analyze incidents as part of a continual improvement process. By understanding which incidents occur most frequently and which costs the business the most, we can continue to improve our KPI - mean time to resolve.
- Manage, monitor, and ensure Incident, Problems, and Major Incidents are permanently fixed (including identifying, recording and allocation of problems and major Incidents to the relevant Resolver Group)
- Build service catalogs and maps (CMDB) that will allow the ability to dynamically update inventory, dependencies, and associate components to services
- Manage the Incident Management Conference bridge for SEV 1 outages
- Collaborate with other service management teams within the command center (& change team) to ensure that events, alerts, and changes are defined & understood to enable faster response to incidents
- Ensure that the root cause of problems are proactively identified and documented
- Chair and contribute to any meetings concerning Incident Root Cause Analysis
- Perform trend analysis on recurring incidents and produce reports on such trends that the customer/stakeholders may require
- Support continuous improvement through identification of opportunities to enhance the quality, productivity, and culture of the service, ensuring that the operational documentation is kept up to date
- Track our firm’s production service committed SLAs - basic, premium, and platinum services
- Facilitate and manage any and all changes (including ensuring that any requests for changes made by the customer/others are sufficiently detailed and contain all necessary information) where required by the customer and ensure that all changes are logged in such format as the customer acquires from time to time
- Chair and contribute to Change Advisory Board/CM Meetings
- Ensure information regarding changes is communicated to the customers
- Issue Service Advisory notifications of any downtime as a consequence of a change
Who you are:
- You have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Problem-solving and root cause identification skills
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
What we’re looking for:
- BS/BA Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or experience
- 5+ years of experience in business and/or Information Technology
- Ability to influence change outside of the span of control or authority
- Ability to implement new and innovative processes for continuous improvement
- Experience and knowledge of incident, problem and change management problem policy across fast global, mission-critical apps at an enterprise level
- Experience/working knowledge CMDB tools like ServiceNow or MS systems center service manager, Live Maps
- Working knowledge of any technology ticketing system (e.g. Remedy, service tools, Zendesk, Opsgenie, etc.)
- Proficiency in the use of analytical packages and query languages used to analyze customer data, i.e., SQL, SAS, or Business Objects is preferred
- Maintaining incident logs and processing incident reports for review with upper management
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools
- Change management certification or designation desired
- Ability to handle and perform in stressful situations
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel as well as Sharepoint, Confluence, and Jira
- Experience writing Perl, Python, scripting, programming, or other languages is a plus
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.