Program Manager, Renewals at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Justworks is seeking a Program Manager to run the annual renewal cycle of our health insurance plans (referred to as “Renewals”), working collaboratively with the VP of Risk and Insurance and business stakeholders. Program Managers are responsible for driving large, company-wide initiatives from start to finish, building consensus and confidence along the way.What you'll do
- Own the execution of Renewals (both the internal and externally facing workstreams) from inception through launch
- Define the overall strategy of Renewals, the workstreams required, outcomes those workstreams will be responsible for, and associated KPIs
- Gather requirements from internal and external stakeholders as well as using available data - including results from prior renewals, competitive analysis, customer feedback, etc
- Lead regular check-ins with working groups that you own, and with the leads of the other working groups to identify any new risks or dependencies, and and help keep critical deliverables on track
- Communicate how the workstreams are progressing and key business decisions to leadership and other key stakeholders
- Be the face of Renewals to the company: presenting at All Hands, converting the strategy into a story, rallying departments to bolster the success of the workstreams, etc
- Create detailed project timelines and make adjustments as needed, setting clear expectations for the working group
- Anticipate how other teams might be impacted by Renewals, understanding their needs, and collaborate with Product Support Specialists and Pre-Sales specialists to roll out relevant trainings and collateral
- Identify, communicate, and mitigate potential risks to the success of Renewals, escalating to leadership as appropriate
- Liaise with insurance carriers, external vendors, and Sales leads to make key decisions around plans offered, renewal caps, and other levers that drive retention and growth
- Do what it takes to get the job done and motivate a team
- Be able to say “No,” but back it up with reasoning
- Maintain a positive attitude, even in the face of adversity
- Lead resolution efforts for issues that may arise and follow through until they’re completed
- Inform future strategy through data tracking and insights
- Minimum 3 years of program or project management experience within a tech-forward organization, with demonstrated wins
- Strong business acumen required, including an understanding of tech/SaaS companies
- Strong SQL and Excel knowledge
- Experience with software planning tools and/or project management tools
- Able to learn about the Justworks benefits/insurance program and other domains quickly
- Strong communication skills, including managing up
- Creative problem-solver with a passion for making complex things simple(r)
- Team player who puts the needs of the project and group first
- Able to manage up and navigate multiple teams and their priorities and needs
- You have a technical background
- You have experience in the insurance space, especially large group health insurance / Renewals
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment