Quality Review Specialist
About the company
At Covera Health, we have proven that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses which result in poor outcomes for patients and increased costs for payers. Using our proprietary framework, we help patients recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the country to potentially impact millions of patient lives. We are passionate about improving healthcare for every patient.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Quality Review Specialist to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients in every community across the nation. As a Quality Review Specialist at Covera Health, you will support the development and implementation of the provider quality review process. Our program is anchored in directing patients to the highest quality care, and your review process enables us to deliver on that mission.
You will be expected to:
- Support process definition of the quality review process by documenting workflows, standard operating procedures, and other process documentation
- Provide project management support to manage the plan and system across the portfolio of providers by creating and maintaining project plans, tracking mechanisms, and status documentation
- Develop a deep understanding of radiology and radiology practice management, including procedures, equipment, and systems
- Contact and guide providers through the information collection and review process
- Serve as liaison with vendors and partners who support the quality review process
- Promote positive relations with providers and vendors throughout the process by exhibiting exceptional customer service at all times
- Catalog and store physical data assets
- Identify and assist in the resolution of technical and operational issues internally and externally
- BA or BS required
- 1-2 years with experience collecting data and asset materials related to healthcare/medical/radiology practices, preferred
- Project management and vendor/client management experience preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks/projects
- Strong written and oral communication to provide excellent customer service and collaborate in a team environment
- Strong personal time management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance (with premiums fully covered), FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a smart, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better!