Quality & Safety Data Specialist at Ro
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:06 p.m. (EST) on Monday, October 19, 2020
Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, and listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020.
We are Ro, a mission-driven healthcare technology company reinventing the way the healthcare system works. The Quality & Safety Data Specialist will focus on quality and safety initiatives and the use of data to improve and optimize these initiatives. The role of the Quality and Safety Data Specialist is to prepare and translate healthcare data analysis deliverables to maximize the safe and high quality care on the Ro platform. The Quality and Safety Data Specialist will work closely with the rest of Quality and Safety team on initiatives such as side effect management, medical alerting, drug interaction counseling and auditing of patient charts to identify, improve and monitor potential areas of concerns that relate to patient safety and clinical quality.
Who are you? That's a great question. You’re passionate about delivering safe, high-quality healthcare and building and optimizing processes to exceed patient and provider expectations. You have incredible attention to detail and love to drive process improvements by measuring everything (and we mean everything). You are a self-starter. You are a problem solver. You are not afraid of thinking outside of the box. You are an independent thinker and are intensely curious about improving healthcare systems.You have analyzed complex workflows and how to optimize safety within those workflows. You are an excellent communicator, especially when it involves translating data analysis into an action plan and when it involves identifying areas where input from other stakeholders is important for success. You’re good at cooperating with team members for different areas of the business, and you thrive on diving into data and building scorecards. You’re flexible, creative and solutions-oriented.
As the Quality and Safety Data Specialist, you will be responsible for optimizing processes within the Quality and Safety team. You will build and improve quality and safety metrics, dive into trends, work with technology to improve the provider and patient experience, and help drive long term quality and safety strategy. Above all, you will be an advocate for delivering the best patient care.
At Ro, you will help build technology to help individuals become a healthier version of themselves and turn providers into better healthcare professionals.
What You'll Do:
- Respond to Medical Alerts when triggered (this includes chart review and patient or provider outreach, as needed)
- Review side effect cases reported to the Ro Care Team or Ro-affiliated providers and follow up with patients/providers as needed to complete the case
- Perform chart audits related to cautionary events and safety metrics on the Ro platform
- Work on cross-functional teams on safety projects, representing the clinical perspective
- Optimize systems, processes, and procedures to ensure the highest quality and safest care is provided on the platform
- Manage and automate Quality and Safety KPIs to exceed our patient's expectations
- Proactively identify gaps or roadblocks, working with appropriate team members to implement solutions
- Partner with the Product team to identify, deep-dive, and execute product improvement opportunities in regards to Quality and Safety
What You'll Bring:
- Current RN licensure
- 3+ years experience as an RN
- You have 1-2 years experience as an analyst at a healthcare consulting firm, hospital, pharmaceutical or biotech company. Past experience in consulting a plus
- You enjoy working cross-functionally in an agile, fast-paced environment
- You have managed complex processes with multiple stakeholders on tight deadlines
- You can create buy-in at all levels of the organization, including the executive team
- You have top-of-the-line communication skills, connecting effectively over email, chat, phone and in-person
- You care about improving the state of healthcare and have a personal connection to space
- Understands the principles of clinical risk management
- Ability to recognize trends in patient safety and quality data
- Ability to use clinical background to identify potential concerns for patient safety and quality of care
- MSN a plus
- Telemedicine experience a plus
- Startup experience
- Certification in Patient Safety (CPPS)
- Multi-state License/Certification
- You have worked in a fast growth operations environment
- You have built metrics to measure quality, accuracy, and speed
- You have an eye for scale and an improvement mindset
- You have experience in a KPI-driven environment and have set successful goals
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.