Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, and listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020.
We are Ro, a mission-driven healthcare technology company reinventing the way the healthcare system works. The Quality & Safety Specialist will focus on quality and safety initiatives and will report to the SVP of Medical Affairs and Research. The role of the Quality & Safety Specialist is to provide day to day implementation, management and oversight of quality and safety initiatives. The Quality & Safety Specialist will also work closely with the Quality and Safety team on initiatives such as side effect management, medical alerting, drug interaction counseling and auditing of patient charts to identify, improve and monitor potential areas of concerns that relate to patient safety and clinical quality.
Who are you? That's a great question. You’re passionate about delivering safe, high-quality healthcare and harnessing technology to do so. You have incredible attention to detail and a strong background in identifying areas of improvement within medical practice as well as supporting the technology that helps providers deliver high quality and safe care to patients. You are a self-starter. You are a problem solver. You are not afraid of thinking outside of the box. You are an independent thinker and are intensely curious about improving healthcare systems. You're great at cooperating with team members from different areas of the business, and you thrive on diving into process improvement and providing feedback to involved stakeholders. You’re flexible, creative, and solutions-oriented. You are an excellent communicator, especially when it involves translating data analysis into an action plan and when it involves identifying areas where input from other stakeholders is important for success.
What You'll Do:
- Respond to Medical Alerts when triggered (this includes chart review and patient or provider outreach, as needed)
- Review side effect cases reported to the Ro Care Team or Ro-affiliated providers and follow up with patients/providers as needed to complete the case
- Perform chart audits related to cautionary events and safety metrics on the Ro platform
- Serve on the Quality Assurance Committee and perform provider chart audits
- Triage, prioritize and follow-up of side effects
- Help develop clinical workflows that support patient safety initiatives and positive quality outcomes.
- Work on cross-functional teams on non-safety projects, representing the clinical perspectives
What You'll Bring:
- Current RN licensure
- 5+ years experience as an RN
- 2+ years experience as a QA Nurse
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong decision making and problem solving
- Ability to recognize areas for process improvement and implement related changes
- Experience using data to advance healthcare safety and delivery
- Adept at learning new technology
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Understand the principles of clinical risk management
- Ability to recognize trends in patient safety and quality data
- Ability to use clinical background to identify potential concerns for patient safety and quality of care
- MSN a plus
- Telemedicine experience a plus
- Startup experience
- Certification in Patient Safety (CPPS)
- Multi-state License/Certification
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.
Read Full Job Description