Real Estate Coordinator
Breather creates and curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private workspaces that you can reserve and unlock via our web and mobile apps. We are live in 10 cities across 3 countries and backed by some of the best investors in NYC and Silicon Valley. We enable top companies to do more productive and inspired work and are growing quickly! We're venture-backed; we have big ambitions, and we want you to help us achieve them.
Based in New York City, you will support Breather’s global location growth efforts by providing transactional support and managing lease documentation, tracking, and reporting. You will work closely with multiple internal teams and external vendors to support lease transactions and reporting. You will also serve as a primary point of contact for Landlords and Real Estate Partners regarding lease administration, lease renewals, and the needs of Breather’s clients.
As a Real Estate Coordinator at Breather, you will:
- Maintain and organize database and filing systems for a portfolio of commercial office leases. Abstract leases and related documents, tracking and communicating critical dates and contract requirements.
- Provide administrative and other support for transaction management, lease execution, and related processes, including working with external vendors to secure Letters of Credit and Certificates of Insurance.
- Communicate with Landlords & Real Estate Partners regarding lease administration, lease/license renewals, and the needs of Breather’s clients
- Coordinate with finance personnel to review and record lease-related transactions, charges, and statements.
- Prepare and review lease correspondence, budgets, and reports.
- Develop systems and processes for increasing efficiency and compliance tracking.
- Assist with pipeline management, reporting, and forecasting, including transaction and space delivery timelines.
- Attend Real Estate events & functions to build Breather’s relationships in the industry
Helpful Skills and Experience you’ll need to succeed:
You are a commercial real estate professional with experience in transaction management and/or commercial lease administration, who is looking for an opportunity to drive tremendous growth with an experienced team of real estate professionals, designers, and technologists.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in commercial real estate lease administration, with a strong understanding of commercial lease structures and documentation.
- Expert with commercial leasing terms, concepts and documentation, including the ability to read, abstract, and interpret leases, operating expense statements, real estate tax statements, and related documents.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to prioritize workload across multiple transactions, set milestones, and track progress.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide variety of Landlords and Real Estate Partners.
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high accountability environment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
What We Value
At Breather, our company values are not only the principles that link us together in the way we work, but they also keep us aligned on the same path, all working towards connected goals. These standards are what guide us on our collective journey through space(s).
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by all the possibilities that come with working at Breather! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits:
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company options
- Work when you want, where you want, with the tools you want
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events that interest you and benefit your career growth
- Access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage. Oh, and it’s on us
- Free access to the Breather network of over 400 spaces (and growing, fast!)
- Dog friendly office - bring your dog to work, they’ll find plenty of friends waiting to play with them!
- A great referral program - good people know good people!