Real Estate Manager
Greater NYC Area
Candid™ is helping people get the smiles they always wanted at prices they can afford. By simplifying the process (direct-to-consumer) and reducing costs (by up to 65% less), we can help more people feel confident and healthy. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible to all, and we're using modern software practices to diagnose, treat, and monitor orthodontic cases. Our team is a group of startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Blue Apron, and Clover Health.
We are looking for a Director, Real Estate to join the Candid™ team to oversee site selection, broker and landlord communications, lease negotiation, and financial planning for our retail locations. We’re building a best-in-class consumer/healthcare brand and are looking for an experienced real estate leader who can scout and build our retail locations. You will oversee construction and planning in partnership with our in-house design team. You’ll report directly into our Chief Growth Officer in our NYC HQ.
What You'll Do
- Spearhead our high-level strategy for launching and managing a nationwide network of retail intraoral scanning centers
- Visit potential sites on both coasts and everywhere in between. We’re opening in the most exciting and fastest-growing neighborhoods in the country!
- Collaborate with Finance and other teams on retail FP&A and site selection
- Select, negotiate, and accomplish all LOI and lease negotiations in partnership with our Finance and Legal teams
- Foster relationships with high-level partners across the real estate ecosystem
- Manage all relationships with important partners pre and post lease signing as the central contact for our brokers, consultants, lawyers, architects, landlords, and construction contractors - ensure external parties’ work moves in step with our teams and that any roadblocks are resolved swiftly
- Manage and maintain a real estate inventory pipeline in anticipation of expansion in new areas
What You'll Need
- 7+ years of experience working in real estate - at least 4 years in-house, including considerable “in the field” experience.
- Experience in retail operations a plus!
- Experience navigating leases from proposals and LOIs through final executionStrong understanding of post lease work including coordinating architects, bidding GCs, construction, project management, and general build-out processes
- Superb project management abilities, with a history of keeping complex projects moving
- Financial modeling skills and understanding of real estate costs and pro forma sensitivities
- Stellar negotiation and prioritization abilities
- Team building and networking skills with the ability to manage, build, and oversee internal and third-party teams
- Ability to travel up to 75% of working time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Real Estate, Accounting, or related field
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains, and around the block from the F and M
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.
Read Full Job Description