Real Estate Manager at Redesign Health
HealthQuarters is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices. We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Who is HealthQuarters?
HealthQuarters, your new Health HQ, is a holistic health experience company that unites medical care and wellness services within one elevated space, experience, and brand. In prime retail locations, HealthQuarters provides guests with a curated combination of services and brands and a new level of guest experience and personalized, empathetic care. HealthQuarters is backed by Redesign Health, a healthcare innovation platform that incubates, funds, and launches businesses that elevate the patient experience and empower people to live their healthiest lives.
About the Role
Our growing team of accomplished medical operators, brand builders, designers and strategists are looking for a Real Estate Manager to lead the planning and execution of an aggressive nationwide brick and mortar rollout.
The ideal candidate is eager to leverage existing relationships and seek out new real-estate partners who will support HealthQuarters’ need for highly-trafficked, brand-appropriate and competitively negotiated locations. They should be driven by both data and brand insights – pairing analytics, co-tenancies, an eye for space, and broader market-wide context in the search for our perfect locations.
Our team is nimble and transparent. You’ll be working hand-in-hand with our Finance, Legal and Design teams throughout due diligence, negotiation and execution phases – collaboratively vetting sites through filters that leave the wider organization feeling great about site selections.
And we are young! You will be afforded a tremendous amount of space to create the systems, processes and relationships which will position our brand on a sustainable path to growth. You won’t be fixing or improving broken systems, you’ll be building them from scratch.
This role is based in our Union Square, New York Headquarters.Key Responsibilities:
- Assist in the company's national real estate strategy through the identification and negotiation of potential new sites.
- Anticipate and identify real estate opportunities in both institutional and off-market settings.
- Work closely with our Finance team to assess and articulate the financial viability and risks of new opportunities.
- Offer creative approaches to leasing and Owner relationships, to provide high value deals.
- Jointly develop internal process to understand and select sites (including a site selection criteria matrix), soliciting and integrating feedback from relevant teams.
- Lead the development of systems and processes to provide an even cadence of construction kickoffs, in-line with annual new location opening goals.
- Leverage third party analytics platform to provide data-driven recommendations.
- Inform lease negotiation, in partnership with the Legal team and Director of Development.
- Manage and collaborate with outside real estate brokers, consultants, and other third parties as necessary.
- Establish and maintain relationships with senior Lessor leadership, including landlords and other key stakeholders at all sites.
- Provide on-going real estate trend and brand positioning reports to the wider team.
- You have 7+ of retail real estate experience overseeing site evaluation and selection, making deals, and facilitating approvals.
- You have a strong industry network of contacts, including landlords, brokers, investors and developers, in all corners of retail across the country.
- You have proven, highly aggressive and effective negotiation skills – able to look at deals holistically and leveraging existing relationships. You are motivated to execute high value deals that include exceptionally competitive rents and Landlord concessions.
- You have your finger on the pulse of real estate geographies, both locally in NYC and across the country, including average market rents, recent transactions, industry trends, major stakeholders and relative ease of project execution.
- You are data-driven and goal-oriented — you measure success both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- You are self-guided and methodical, able to anticipate issues and proactively create systems which manage complex tasks/problems.
- You are charismatic and persuasive, able to act as a convincing spokesperson for the brand.
- You partner effectively with others, but stand behind your personal experience and expertise, knowing when to be collaborative and where to assert yourself.
- Your communication skills are unrivaled, and you know how to mobilize and lead cross-functional teams to ensure new stores are open on time and on budget.
- Extremely competitive comprehensive benefits (medical, dental and vision plans available)
- Health & fitness discount program
- Flexible and generous time off
- Pre-tax savings plans for public transportation and parking expenses
- Regular company lunches & events