Regional General Manager at Candid™
As Candid™’s leader in each region, the Regional General Manager is responsible for the launch, development, and sustainable growth of our business and teams. You will launch our studios in each market, help recruit, and train (via relevant studio managers) the teams to operate them, manage P&L, and hit key market performance targets. You’ll partner cross-functionally throughout the organization across design, engineering, research, product, studios, support and more. You will also partner with key outside stakeholders and bridge the gap between the city, regional, and HQ teams.
To succeed in the role, you must be highly analytical, creative, and a strong people person who has experience managing large teams. You must be adept at identifying clever, cost-effective ways to acquire customers while also moving fast to improve operations, customer experience, and conversion rates. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is critical to success.
What You'll Do
- Lead and performance manage team of incredibly smart, passionate, and diverse people — championing our culture and employee brand. You will specifically manage the studio managers in your market and oversee core performance metrics in each studio.
- Liaise with departments across the company to kick us off in new markets. Orchestrate promotional, advertising, design, logistics, and PR activities to ensure we maximize chair occupancy as soon as possible post-launch
- Ensure clinical compliance and excellence in our Studios, oversee clinical professionals
- Manage P&L for your market and be responsible for key performance targets
- Empower the local city teams to deliver on their KPIs by working with various departments across the company.
- Work with other RGMs to help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
- Build a culture of empowerment to develop the next generation of leaders in the field
What You'll Need
- 6+ years of relevant multi-unit experience in operations management, retail or consulting
- Prior experience leading large teams, launching new markets and managing P&L
- You’re a lights-out operator and a process-first leader. You’re able to create structure where there is none. Track record of setting expectations and motivating a team to deliver against them.
- A data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment achieved through a strong analytical mindset
- Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial leader who thrives in high-pressure, high-urgency situations
- Crisp verbal and written communicator. Impeccably organized, with an uncanny attention to detail
- You should expect to be traveling 50% of the time
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - right off the R & W line, and a short walk from the B, D, F, M, N, Q, 1, and 6 trains
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.