Regional Pharmacy Lead
Who we are
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and Medicare beneficiaries living in lower income communities, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and leading health plan partners, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
As the Regional Pharmacy Lead, you’ll spearhead Cityblock’s pharmacy strategy across the northeast markets, initially focusing on academic detailing and then developing our medication therapy management program (MTM) and pharmacy quality program including collaboratively developed pharmacist-driven medication treatment protocols. You’ll identify innovative solutions to bring the most cost effective drug options to our low income members. You’ll work cross-functionally with our clinical leaders, the data and analytics team, product team and our health plan (and their pharmacy benefits managers) to identify areas of opportunity and to implement solutions to drive performance in chronic disease outcomes, total cost of care, pharmacy quality, medication adherence, and pharmaceutical efficacy across our membership.
- Design, implement and optimize Cityblock’s regional academic detailing program - including developing identification methods, prioritization rubrics, internal and external communication, training processes, and tracking and improving results
- Develop training for Cityblock providers regarding best practices in prescribing, focusing on areas of largest quality, safety and cost impact
- Develop, and over time, implement, Cityblock’s initial Medication Therapy Management (MTM) program. At first this will entail developing identification protocols, designing care model interventions and finally developing pharmacist driven medication treatment protocols
- Practice ~2 days a week at our clinical hubs or in the field working with members and clinicians in optimizing the medication management of our populations
- Design and internally champion regional solutions to facilitate and decrease the burden of the prior authorization process for our clinicians
- Participate in tailoring Cityblock’s technology platforms to optimize the capture of the gold standard medication list, the medication reconciliation processes, medication selection and management, and disease outcomes
- Assist with developing strategies to improve HEDIS metrics including medication prescribing and adherence metrics, opioids prescribing and medication monitoring
- Assist with the development of printed materials that can be used for academic detailing and MTM
- Lead the development of provider and disease state reports and dashboards
- Serve as Cityblock’s business lead to work directly with our regional health plan partners and their pharmacy benefit managers to coordinate pharmacy management program efforts across the entities (e.g., coordinating Cityblock’s MTM program with a PBM’s MTM program) and to connect our members to pharmaceutical patient financial assistance programs
- Work with clinicians to identify, develop, and implement targeted programs. Develop formal and informal education, technology decision support and processes to successfully implement these programs.
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have a PharmD
- You have 5+ years experience as a pharmacy leader in a health plan, in a pharmacy benefits manager (PBM), or in a risk-bearing provider group or health system
- You’ve done any of the following: drive the development of pharmacy quality improvement programs, develop / improve academic detailing programs, and / or develop/improve medication therapy management programs
- You’re skilled at reviewing pharmacy PBM and claims data, defining metrics and driving performance
- You work well with clinicians and can fearlessly offer improvement opportunities and teach best practices
- You love thinking of ways to partner with members and clinicians to improve chronic disease management
- You understand how to create and implement technology enabled processes
- You have outstanding attention to detail and a passion for understanding complex issues with a data driven approach
- You have good project management abilities
- You can effectively collaborate with senior pharmacy leaders at a health plan and PBM partner to articulate CBH’s needs, care model, and collaboration opportunities
Nice to have:
- Past experience at a start-up or other early stage program
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- A 1-2 paragraph response indicating why this job is compelling to you.
- A 1 paragraph summary of a time when you thought you made a difference in someone’s health
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.