Regional Vice President - Listings at Orchard
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 500 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Regional Vice President - Listings who will lead our 70+ person national Listing Agent Team. The ideal candidate is an experienced real estate professional, people manager and operational leader who is practiced at building and retaining top talent across a growing, geographically diverse team. This leader is comfortable in ambiguity and willing to roll up their sleeves on any task big or small to ensure we deliver an incredible home selling experience for our customers. This is a full time role reporting into Stephanie Brower, GM of Title & Listings and will be based out of our New York office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Oversee the day-to-day work activities of the Listings Team - comprised of Listing Agents, Listing Coordinators, Trainers & related managers- which is responsible for listing and selling homes for Orchard Customers
- Improve CSAT and provide consistent, excellent customer experience by rapidly growing and refining the Listings Team
- Coach, support and refine your leadership team. Personally step in to assist with difficult and complex customer situations where needed while coaching so that your teams can continue to grow in their own skillsets daily.
- Continuously review the tooling, process, and policies behind the teams’ responsibilities to uncover opportunities to drive efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Work through ambiguity and facilitate cross-team decision-making & projects to impact Orchard's more complex and/or difficult business goals
- Proactively identify areas for operational improvements and work with appropriate stakeholders across the broader business to implement new processes
- Become a subject matter expert on existing team processes that drive critical business results
- Hold your team accountable for performance, ensuring they are meeting or exceeding SLAs
- Work alongside your direct reports to understand the nuances of their role while also managing your team's results
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders on Orchard’s Sales, Brokerage Operations, Contracts, Title, Lender, and Accounting teams to triage challenges and refine process
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have
- 3+ years of senior management experience; experience scaling teams of 50+ people
- 3+ years of real estate experience, working on or with customer-facing agent teams
- Ability to take on ambiguous challenges and arrive at concise conclusions
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast moving environments. Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done.
- Strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain alignment across people at various levels and functions
- Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for all team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis of two days a week in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.