Regional Vice President at Blackline (Remote)
Get to Know Us:
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At BlackLine, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
The RVP, Account Management will manage all aspects of the Account Management Organization (AMO). This means hiring world-class talent, inspiring a team, building functional processes, and ultimately driving the team to hit assigned growth targets.
You'll Get To:
• Lead all aspects of the Account Management function for BlackLine including our entire customer portfolio; responsible for renewal and retention, mitigating churn, up-selling based on customer potential, and cross-selling the BlackLine suite of solutions• Hire a world-class team that can manage large, complex deals during all stages of the customer lifecycle• Build and manage a large pipeline of business - achieving world-class net dollar retention• Drive strong internal collaboration with Customer Success, Solutions Consultants, Marketing and Product as the quarterback of the Account Management function• Create and deliver a strong value narrative helping our customers understand the ROI they receive from BlackLine• Maintain Executive Buyer (EB) relationship while multithreading into other key executives across the C-Suite.• Contribute to the overall success of AMO by going above and beyond roles & responsibilities while embodying our culture and values
What You'll Bring:
☒ Provide limited supervision to others through motivation, direction, review and feedback of assigned tasks.
☒ Supervise others work through the planning and scheduling of work, and review and approval.
☒ Supervise/manage/direct the selection, training, development and appraisal of personnel.
☒ Supervise/manage/direct the selection, training, development, appraisal and work assignments of personnel.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 10+ years of field selling experience; 5+ years of leading a team ideally at a Enterprise SaaS company with long sales cycles & large figure ASPs
Education: Bachelor's degree required
We're Even More Excited If You Have:
• 15+ years of field selling experience; 8+ years of leading a team ideally at a blue-chip Enterprise SaaS company with long sales cycles & large figure ASPs• Bachelor's degree required• Strong appetite for finding new business within our current customer base and experience managing 3-9 month sales cycles; proven ability to close large ARR contracts• Strong executive presence and ability to challenge CXO's; cutting edge perspective on sales & revenue operations and natural trusted advisor• Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences• Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills - with the ability to develop work in relationships at all levels of management, both internal and external to BlackLine• A general manager mindset with strong expertise in Enterprise SaaS; Understands the most important metrics and knows how to optimize a business for scale
Thrive at BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It's a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A culture where BlackLiner's continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
BlackLine recognizes that the ways we work and the workplace itself has shifted. We innovate in a workplace that optimizes a combination of virtual and in-person interactions to maximize collaboration and nurture our culture. Candidates who live within a reasonable commute to one of our offices will work in the office at least 2 days a week.
USD $141,200.00 - USD $188,361.00
Pay Transparency Statement:
Placement within this range depends upon several factors, including the applicant's prior relevant job experience, skill set, and geographic location. In addition to base pay, BlackLine also offers short-term and long-term incentive programs, based on eligibility, along with a robust offering of benefit and wellness plans.