Galileo is building the future of healthcare - today. Using innovative mobile technology and human-centered design, we’re looking to improve the quality and affordability of medical care for all -- including those with Medicare and Medicaid.
Based in NYC, our company is founded by a successful entrepreneur (One Medical, Epocrates), led by a top-notch team, and well-funded from some of the best investors in the country. We seek curious, talented, team-oriented individuals with a diverse set of backgrounds who ultimately want to make a difference.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to our Clinical Lead, Galileo’s Registered Nurse is a core member of our collaborative care team. As an experienced Nurse you will serve on the front lines of innovative patient care while working side by side with primary care providers, Social Workers, and Health Advocates. You will provide high quality clinical care, patient education, and internal support to other care team members.
Specifically, you will:
- Look after a cohort of patients whose needs range in clinical intensity; deliver post-discharge support, procedures, medication management, assessments, education, chronic disease management, monitoring, and diagnostic testing
- Communicate and coordinate seamlessly with physicians and other care team members, assess and triage patients into other care channels as needed
- Help craft and support personalized care plans inline with each patient’s needs and goals
- Support our cohort of patients’ overall engagement and improvement with thoughtful, culturally intuitive patient education
- Be embedded within the community, spending more time in people’s homes and in their neighborhoods than in an office
Who You Are
A successful Galileo Registered Nurse cares deeply about each individual patient and also thinks about how to continually improve the broader system by which we support people at a higher quality and lower cost. You have a strong clinical background and an enthusiasm for applying your experience in a new, creative way. You love connecting and communicating with a diverse group of people and have been a part of a multidisciplinary care team collaborating with others. You have 3+ years nursing experience caring for complex patients, an active RN license, and ideally are multilingual.
How We Hire
Galileo is committed to hiring the best talent from a range of backgrounds and experiences, - including but, not limited to - gender, ethnic, political, economic, religious, sexual orientation, and other personality traits. We believe in a strong culture that fosters teamwork, excellence and sound decision-making -- one that is based on mutual respect and trust. We appreciate candidates who are open and honest about what they’re looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides.