Replay Operator at Major League Baseball
Replay Operators assemble & play out ‘in game’ video for Live use in officiating, using record/playback servers & MLB’s proprietary Replay software. These are seasonal positions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Verification of ballpark equipment & communication systems, pre-game
- Documentation of equipment status & incoming broadcast footage
- Daily operation of Replay equipment in the Replay Operations Center
- Monitoring of multiple concurrent MLB games for possible review
- Troubleshooting of issues with Replay devices and equipment.
- Strong knowledge of baseball & MLB rules.
- The ability to identify MLB players.
- Schedule flexibility (weekends/evening availability required)
- Must be able to operate in Live production environments
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a “team” environment.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, multitask, and prioritize.
- Must be able to react quickly and adjust to change on the fly.
- Must be able to handle fast-paced & high-pressure situations
- Experience in live video and/or production is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Mac OS and Microsoft Excel.
- Looking for a candidate who can work 30 – 35 hours a week.
- Compensation is paid at an hourly rate.