Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is a comprehensive mental health solution for employers and health plans. Unlike any other solution, we use clinically validated technology called Precision Mental Healthcare to pinpoint and deliver exactly what will work for each person — whether that’s meditation, coaching, therapy, medication, and beyond.
Today, Spring Health serves more than 200 companies, from start-ups to multinational Fortune 500 corporations, and is a preferred mental health provider to companies like General Mills, Guardian, Bain, and Instacart. We have raised over $300 million from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor, Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
Partners with Enterprise & Commercial sales on individual proposals (as outlined by stated processes), but also oversees the content library, including managing moderation, proofing, and editing. Develops and manages SME quarterly reviews with cross-functional content provider teams. Runs regular dedupe reports and maintains tagging and sectioning systems within the library. Provides and maintains the single source of truth for branded messaging and proposal content, working closely with WPO, Marketing, Security, RevOps, Provider Success, Customer Success, and other teams to maintain library integrity. Is RFP and Proposal Writing Managers as needed during proposal development. Ensures that the right internal intelligence is collected to help make strategic decisions regarding proposals. Ideally has RFPio & Qwilr experience with background in proposal operations within the healthcare sector.
We are seeking a RFP and Proposal Writing Manager with rock star writing and communications expertise to maintain an established content library and framework for streamlining proactive new business proposal creation. They will partner with Enterprise and Commercial Sales on individual proposals (as outlined by stated processes).
The successful candidate will play a vital role in ensuring proposal content is up-to-date and is relevant and accessible to the people who need it, when they need it, possessing a driven and independent work ethic in gathering information for content creation, review, and refinement that aligns with Spring Health’s brand standards, They will have a high degree of flexibility and be able to work with autonomy. The role will report to the Director, Proposal Operations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Write and edit technical responses for RFPs, RFIs, and prospect questions in support of a large team of internal clients, including Sales Directors and Account Executives
- Provide and maintain the single source of truth for branded messaging and proposal content, working closely with internal cross-functional teams, SMEs, and external vendors to maintain content library integrity
- Stay abreast of changing messaging, new product launches, company policies, and content in the support and maintenance of the company’s content library and marketing assets
- Oversee current RFPio content library, ensuring that content is clear, effective, and easy to understand
- Collaborate with other RFP managers as needed during proposal development initiatives
- Regularly moderate, revue, proof, and edit new content
- Format proposals, gather assets, and ready responses for submission
- Develop and manage quarterly SME content library reviews
- Run regular dedupe reports and maintain tagging, collections, and sectioning systems within the library
- Ensure Enterprise Gang Google Drive folders are organized and assets are easy to find
- Maintain sound working relationships with leaders across the enterprise
- Ensure that Google folders, proposal templates, and proposal assets are up-to-date and reflect the current state of products and services
- Piece together scattered responses from across a diverse group of SMEs and ensure all content is consistent and written in plain language
- Support Proposal Operations and Sales teams in planning, producing, and delivering consistent and professional proposals within a complex business environment under strict guidelines and deadlines
- Ensure draft responses to RFPs and RFIs are compliant and professionally produced within customer defined requirements and timeframes
- Develop expertise, understanding, and knowledge of proposal platforms, including RFPio, Proposal Tech, RFP360, Scout, Mercer VIP, Shortlister, Jaggaer, GEP, Ariba Commerce, Power Advocate, and others, as needed
What we expect from you:
- You have 5+ years of B2B experience in corporate communications and storytelling in new business proposal development
- You are a self-starter and innovator, and you like nothing more than a challenge in a quick-paced, tech savvy work environment
- You have a bachelor’s degree compatible to job responsibilities and requirements
- Ideally, you have used RFPio and Qwilr in proposal development activities
- You are highly organized, meticulous in your work, and capable of maintaining folder and nomenclature systems for easy access and use enterprise wide
- You have proven ability in analyzing RFP requirements and providing marketing content reflecting win themes and value propositions
- You are a process innovator and enjoy supporting the success of sales professionals
- You have excellent written and oral presentation skills and a proven ability to understand and communicate technical concepts in a compelling and persuasive manner
- You have a solid understanding of the U.S. healthcare system and 5+ years of experience in healthcare communications
- You have excellent management skills to facilitate results across functional groups and organizations, including geographically dispersed organizations
- You are organized and deadline oriented, able to prioritize workloads and develop resources as needed to meet deadlines
- You are intellectually curious, committed to mental healthcare, and able to translate complex subject matter
- You like nothing more than manipulating reports and sourcing data insights
- You have experience with a number of proposal software platforms, including, but not limited to, RFPio, Proposal Tech, Scout, RFP360, and others
- You are a top performer, yet a collaborative and cross-functional player who thrives in a culture of accountability and entrepreneurship
- You are a self-starter who thrives when given autonomy, with proven ability and desire to build effective internal/external relationships
- You obsess about achieving the company’s goals and are relentless in pursuing them; you consider the success of others your success and flourish in a meaningful support role
Benefits of working at Spring Health:
Focus on total health including:
Generous medical, dental, vision coverage available day 1 + access to One Medical
Access to Spring Health’s platform which includes (10) free therapy sessions
Unlimited time off in addition to (12) paid holidays
16-18 weeks paid parental leave
$500 per year Wellness Reimbursement
Creating a culture you can thrive in:
Flexible remote and hybrid work style arrangements
Calm Fridays to encourage meeting & distraction free days
Donation matching to support your favorite causes
Employee resource groups
Supporting you financially through:
Competitive mix of salary and stock options
Employer sponsored 401(k) match
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.