Rider Experience Principal at Via
About This Role
As a Rider Experience Principal, you will be responsible for understanding and shaping the holistic experience for Via riders across our Consumer and Platform deployments. We solve problems ranging from customizing algorithm parameters; to optimizing app usage flows; to figuring out the best way to gather feedback from riders. You will need to combine a mix of strategic, operational, analytical, and product thinking to be successful. You will represent the “voice of the rider” internally- which means you need to be deeply connected to riders and what they are feeling and thinking. You will work closely with operations teams, marketing and communications specialists, product experts, engineers, and data scientists to develop ideas, deploy tests, and deliver results. You will work on large and complex data sets to understand the behavior of Via’s end users and help design and prototype analytical and operational tools that will support Via’s growth at scale.
We are a low-ego, high-impact team who enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems.
What You'll Do
- Understand the “voice of the rider” across all deployments - using quantitative and qualitative tools to ensure that we are hearing feedback from around the world
- Represent this “voice of the rider” internally - work with operational teams to fix bad experiences and provide user delight; collaborate with product and engineering teams to optimize usability and engagement of Via’s mobile application
- Work with city and partner teams, general managers, and senior management to gather feedback, prioritize solutions, and move strategic rider experience projects forward
- Build and use dashboards, data analyses, AB tests, and other methods to identify opportunities; pitch feature proposals; track progress on key metrics, etc.
Who You Are
- Empathetic & Customer Centric: You put the customer first and have a true passion for understanding customers’ mindset. You are excited about listening to feedback and passionate about improving experience, and have an easy time understanding others’ pain points
- Highly analytical and a good communicator who thrives in a collaborative environment. You can not only knock out a complex analysis, but can quickly distill key insights for various groups. Experience with SQL and analytical tools strongly preferred
- Able to ‘influence without authority’ and get things done within a multi-team, multi-geography organization while building and maintaining great relationships
- Experiment-minded: Always thinking strategically and creatively about ways to hook customers, and familiar with iterative testing
- Manager with leadership experience: You are an independent, enterprising self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility and bringing structure to ambiguous situations. Experience with managing a team is a plus
- 6-10 years of prior experience in Ops, Growth, Product Management, Consulting, or startup companies a plus
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, compliments existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.