RN Lead, Care Team Operations at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
Cityblock delivers care where it works best for our members. In addition to our community-based teams, we’ve made our services even stronger for COVID-19 and beyond by adding a Community Rapid Response team and Virtual Care offerings, allowing our members to access care 24/7 via the phone, video, and text message.
As a part of the team, you’ll go above and beyond to connect with members across all of our markets in a respectful and empathic manner to meet their needs and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
The Cityblock Virtual Hub delivers integrated primary and acute medical care, behavioral health and social care, powered by relationships and designed to advance equity in access and outcome. By delivering these acute and longitudinal services in-home through a combination of digital and in-person connections, we can allow members to stay at home and out of the hospital.
As an additional service in support of our local Hubs, we provide trusted, quick, and convenient wrap around front desk support like scheduling, consenting, initial assessments, and more.
In this role, you will provide virtual service to Cityblock members as part of our innovative care model, designed to address the complex health and social challenges of high-risk, high-need populations living in urban neighborhoods. It is integral to our care model that we meet people where they are, both physically and emotionally. Virtual work affords our members another layer of choice beyond our field visits and clinic appointments.
Reporting to the Virtual Medical Director, you will lead the day to day functions of a virtual team including the following: Community Health Partners, Member Advocates, Behavioral Health Specialists and Nurse Care Managers. You will support each of these team members in meeting their clinical, social and behavioral goals. You will work collaboratively with the clinical and operational leads to implement new clinical processes, find efficiencies in existing processes and oversee day-to-day operations.
- Provide supervision and leadership for a clinical team supporting them in meeting population level expectations.
- Lead the operations of an interdisciplinary care team, directly coordinating team time for each of the care team members.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and training around engagement, care planning, and longitudinal care.
- Support team members through their member outreach and engagement efforts.
- Hold team members accountable for completing a comprehensive assessment of members’ health needs, including physical, behavioral and social.
- From that assessment, support the development of member-driven, member-centered action plans that address social needs.
- Model how to foster lasting and trusting relationships by doing so with your team and your members.
- Support your team to work with members longitudinally to achieve their goals and identify new needs.
- Go above and beyond to connect with people in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
- Work daily within our tech platforms, which will enable you to collect data, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with staff, patients, and family. This platform is built for a field and virtual workforce, and you will test our virtual technology, provide feedback to the product development team, and, over time, become part of a super-user group to assist in onboarding and supporting others.
Requirements for the Role:
- You have an RN, BSN, or NP degree
- You have 5+ years of experience in clinical setting and understand the patient experience.
- You have experience providing supervision to social workers, community health workers, or care coordinators.
- You have experience leading the day-to-day operations of interdisciplinary teams.
- You have direct experience supporting at-risk populations with complex needs.
- You are an independent self-starter, a leader, and a strategic thinker who is excited about the big picture of whole community health, and the ongoing evaluation and iteration of our care model.
- You are excited about how technology can support your work and help drive the ongoing evaluation toward new, better, care.
- You can accommodate a full time schedule as well as participate in on call and weekend coverage rotation.
How We Define Success:
- Manage a Care Team that meets the identified metric targets of a given market.
- Proactive problem solver who raises potential issues with a proposal.
- Fiercely prioritize highly collaborative member care with examples to back it up.
- People manager with a track record of coaching, and performance managing the care team.
- Demonstrate dedication to leading through inclusion within your team.
- Use data to implement changes that have impact on goals and outcome.
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Direct familiarity with clinical settings
- Training in problem-solving therapy
- Training in Motivational Interviewing and Conflict Resolution
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.