Safety Manager, Field Operations
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide at home access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body – all from your home.
As a company Peloton believes in taking risks and continuously challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to think like owners. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
Provide expertise in areas of environmental, occupational health and safety (EHS), risk management, and workers compensation management across the Field Operations business unit. Assist the operations to maintain compliance with all applicable EHS requirements. Aid business units in actions to eliminate worker injuries, vehicle accidents and associated costs. Work closely with the Director of EHS on all safety related topics.
- Oversee Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives for all warehouses
- Manage the SDS/Hazard Communication program
- Manage and perform the planning, training, inspection, reporting and recordkeeping requirements for all safety compliance programs
- Lead training efforts for EHS related activities throughout the enterprise
- Manage the preparation and submittal of safety-related agency regulatory reports
- Provide engaging health and safety leadership to the facility employees
- Lead Executive, Regional, and Employee Safety Committees
- Develop and support strategic initiatives designed to produce best in class EHS performance
- Act as the facility and regional champion for the Zero Incidents initiatives
- Lead the tracking and assessment of safety requirements and metrics
- Advise business group leadership teams on strategy deployment progress and challenges
- Train and Assist site managers, supervisors and employees in the development and implementation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Conduct audits to ensure that consistent, best-in-class results and compliance are followed to enable operational excellence. Prepare reports of findings with recommendations for corrective action
- Conduct and document annual compliance inspections.
- Perform Job Safety Analysis of all worksite activities and lead actions for controls and countermeasures.
- Leads safety observation efforts across Field Operations
- Observe workers to determine proper use of prescribed safety equipment and procedures. Train and demonstrate proper use of safety equipment.
- Investigate incidents (including injuries, property damage, near misses, releases, and losses) to determine root cause and prepare/direct corrective action plans.
- Acts as regional champion for implementation of risk reduction controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of warehouse operations and fleet management procedures
- Highly organized with a relentless attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills, and the ability to troubleshoot problems and think on your feet
- Demonstrated understanding of OSHA and local regulations
- Proven knowledge of safety regulations and industry standards
- Demonstrated ability to influence management, teams and individuals across multiple functions within the organization
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; able to train/present to an executive level audience
- CSP, CSHO, or equivalent Safety Certification