Sales Manager - Auto & Home
Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
Sales at Policygenius...
Are you a born leader, motivated by coaching and inspiring others to achieve their best? Do you believe in a customer-first sales approach? Are you looking to develop processes, define goals, and build a sales team from the ground up?
Then come join the Policygenius Property and Casualty team! This role is on the front lines of our brand new launch into the auto and home insurance market, managing our sales team as we expand into a new frontier. This role sits in our Operations department and reports to our Director of Sales.
- Provide hands-on coaching, feedback, and best practices to ensure the sales team has the skills necessary for success
- Define and document new processes, such as scripting and workflow prioritization, for an efficient sales funnel focused on production and user experience
- Align the home and auto team on production goals and adherence to daily, weekly, and monthly SLAs
- Communicate team performance to leadership, key stakeholders, and the broader organization
- Identify and surface ongoing trends, blockers, and new opportunities to leadership
- Partner with our marketing, business, and tech teams to build and test new workflows
- Handle escalations and problem solve blockers for the team
- Assist our recruiting team in developing a sustainable hiring pipeline
- Champion the home and auto operations team to the company as a whole!
- Functional knowledge of home and auto insurance products, including full scope of the sales process
- Experience managing a high-performing sales team, including demonstrated ability to train and retain top producers
- Solid analytical, prioritization, disciplined organization, and problem solving skills
- A team-first mindset, high energy, and an unrelenting work ethic
- Experience with one-on-one coaching and handling difficult personal conversations
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)