Sample Coordinator at Rent the Runway
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
The Buying organization, while scaling rapidly, operates day to day as a tight knit team. We are big believers in teamwork, and partner cross functionally with other teams across the company. We consider ourselves experts in textile fabrication, and pride ourselves on the strengths of our relationships with our 500+ designer partners in the marketplace. A few fun facts: We are made up of a handful of Yoga instructors, Soul-Cycle fanatics, TV nerds, Bravo experts, and are not afraid of a Karaoke microphone.
About the Job:
The Sample Coordinators are the engines behind executing the studio product pipeline. Responsible for the physical act of the photoshoot process from point of product vendor request to tracking product samples through the shoot lifecycle, and providing product information for weekly site launches and creative editorials. The right candidate will be highly organized, motivated, have excellent communication skills and the desire to collaborate cross-functionally.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage sample coordinator email addresses while communicating daily with vendors to request samples for various photoshoots
- Organize inventory decks for editorial, e-commerce, and social photoshoots
- Assist the photo & styling team in maximizing volumes of styles on-site
- Gain inventory knowledge of seasonal buy
- Partner with production, site merchandising, retouching and buying throughout the product lifecycle
- Troubleshoot inventory discrepancies with product identification
- Assist team with vendor returns, photoshoot preparation, and other administrative duties
- Identify opportunities for improvements to the current sample coordinating process
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of related experience in a similar field
- Basic knowledge of commercial studio workflow.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google tools is a plus
- Strong project management skills focused on organization, time management, and planning
- Excellent communications skills, written and oral
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work well under ambiguous conditions
- Positive attitude and willingness to go above and beyond the stated duties
- High-energy, positive person who wants to make a difference in a growing organization
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!