At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access and participate in, and that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, and trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets and people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse and Societe Generale, and together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain and crypto technology.
The Paxos Securities business is expanding its team as it prepares to apply for Clearing Agency registration with the SEC and needs an Operations Manager to help drive change in the industry. This role will own the management and execution of all day-to-day as well as strategic operational activities. The ideal candidate will have experience leading a small team in the middle or back office of a securities brokerage firm or similar experience working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with high growth potential.
What you will do:
- Be responsible for all aspects of Paxos Settlement Service operations
- Create and execute strategies to increase productivity and efficiency from the Operations team
- Hire and mentor the securities operations team as it grows
- Collaborate with customers, product, engineering, and business on the design, testing, feedback gathering, and improvement of product features
- Ensure the product operations team is equipped with up-to-date tools, procedures and policies to support the business (training, operating manual, documentation, etc.)
- Mitigating firm and customer risk through intraday monitoring and proactively resolving issues
- Manage incidents including investigation, client communication, and performing retrospectives
- Support Customer Success in the onboarding and integration of new participants to the platform
- Provide oversight on internal and external reporting
- Partner with regulators and vendors such that our operations are in compliance with regulatory and partner needs
- 5+ years experience with US securities clearing and settlement back office operations
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- 2+ years managing people, with the ability to lead, build, and mentor a team
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Previous experience in building product-driven solutions
- Familiarity with the DTC portal and FedWire movements
- Outstanding project management skills - someone who pays attention to detail, can drive initiatives forward with minimal direction and has the ability to solve issues creatively
- Coaching mentality that empowers their team to take ownership and be accountable
- Strong prioritization skills through understanding the company strategy and synthesizing business and product priorities
- Can form and clearly articulate their team’s goals and how they fit in to the broader strategy
- Ability to work through ambiguity and pivot quickly
- High awareness for stakeholder engagement - candidate should be customer-service oriented and with high level of empathy
- Roll-up-sleeves mentality - candidate will do what it takes to build/manage a team and learn the work, company, and industry
- Remain calm and highly effective in day-to-day “fires”
- Strong alignment with being a change-agent while maintaining strong controls and excellence in execution
- Strong track record of successful problem solving
- Risk management mindset (ability to identify, escalate, and mitigate risks), natural aversion to risky practices and cutting corners
- Technical proficiency with Excel/GSheets, SQL (a plus): ability to build usable reports and analyze data to identify product issues and inconsistencies
- Ability to quickly visualize new or improved settlement processes and workflows. Eye for identifying inefficiencies, developing creative solutions, and collaborating with cross-departmental teams for deployment
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 150 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like PayPal, Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $300 Million Series D
- The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
- Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
- Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
- Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature
- Fireside Chat with Paxos CEO Chad Cascarilla and Robinhood CEO Vlad Tenev