Securities Operations Manager at Paxos
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
The Paxos Securities business is expanding its team as it prepares to apply for Clearing Agency registration with the SEC and needs an Operations Manager to help drive change in the industry. This role will own the management and execution of all day-to-day as well as strategic operational activities. The ideal candidate will have experience leading a small team in the middle or back office of a securities brokerage firm or similar experience working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with high growth potential.
As a Securities Operations Manager you'll get to:
- Be responsible for all aspects of Paxos Settlement Service operations
- Create and execute strategies to increase productivity and efficiency from the Operations team
- Hire and mentor the securities operations team as it grows
- Collaborate with customers, product, engineering, and business on the design, testing, feedback gathering, and improvement of product features
- Ensure the product operations team is equipped with up-to-date tools, procedures and policies to support the business (training, operating manual, documentation, etc.)
- Mitigating firm and customer risk through intraday monitoring and proactively resolving issues
- Manage incidents including investigation, client communication, and performing retrospectives
- Support Customer Success in the onboarding and integration of new participants to the platform
- Provide oversight on internal and external reporting
- Partner with regulators and vendors such that our operations are in compliance with regulatory and partner needs
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- 5+ years experience with US securities clearing and settlement back office operations
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- 2+ years managing people, with the ability to lead, build, and mentor a team
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Previous experience in building product-driven solutions
- Familiarity with the DTC portal and FedWire movements
- Outstanding project management skills - someone who pays attention to detail, can drive initiatives forward with minimal direction and has the ability to solve issues creatively
You might also have:
- Coaching mentality that empowers their team to take ownership and be accountable
- Strong prioritization skills through understanding the company strategy and synthesizing business and product priorities
- Can form and clearly articulate their team’s goals and how they fit in to the broader strategy
- Ability to work through ambiguity and pivot quickly
- High awareness for stakeholder engagement - candidate should be customer-service oriented and with high level of empathy
- Roll-up-sleeves mentality - candidate will do what it takes to build/manage a team and learn the work, company, and industry
- Remain calm and highly effective in day-to-day “fires”
- Strong alignment with being a change-agent while maintaining strong controls and excellence in execution
- Strong track record of successful problem solving
- Risk management mindset (ability to identify, escalate, and mitigate risks), natural aversion to risky practices and cutting corners
- Technical proficiency with Excel/GSheets, SQL (a plus): ability to build usable reports and analyze data to identify product issues and inconsistencies
- Ability to quickly visualize new or improved settlement processes and workflows. Eye for identifying inefficiencies, developing creative solutions, and collaborating with cross-departmental teams for deployment
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a $500 quarterly stipend for development, a $500 stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- USDP Stablecoin Chosen for Facebook's Pilot of Novi Digital Wallet
- Forbes Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 50
- Paxos Supports Interactive Brokers' Journey into Crypto Markets
- CB Insights Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 250 for Crypto Category
- Paxos Supports Flourish Crypto
- Paxos National Trust Receives OCC Conditional Approval for De Novo Charter
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.