WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including HBO, Disney, Guardian, Burger King, Seamless, Delivery Hero, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020). Our London office has also been Great Place to Work-Certified for 2021 by Great Place to Work UK.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're seeking a Security Analyst to join our team NYC-based Security Engineering team to help us protect our organization against attacks, while helping shape the future of incident response and internal security support at Braze. As an analyst at Braze, you will be exposed to a wide range of security systems protecting (but not limited to) endpoint infrastructure, modern cloud-based containerized application deployments, and Web applications/API’s. In addition to helping guide the organization through alerts/incidents/vulnerabilities, this position will include project ownership for the identification and deployment of security solutions/controls.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
In this role, you will take a seat at the table with the Security Engineering team to design, implement, and support security controls for a prod-app driven organization. Modern technologies such as Infra-as-code, containerization, autoscaling, and a windows-free environment create a unique challenge to secure. Coupled with Braze’s interesting threat profile, operating as an analyst will be a dynamic position where the implementation of classic security controls is only the beginning of the larger goal of organizational security.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 1-2 year of experience, ideally on an in-house blue team or inside of a SOC.
- You have experience with AWS/Cloud infrastructure.
- You have experience with application-based vulnerabilities.
- You have familiarity with SIEM and EDR solutions (no specific product experience required).
- You have experience providing solutions and remediation assistance to engineering teams.
- You have an awareness of and involvement in the security community.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.