Senior Application Analyst - VNA/PACS/RAD at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you motivated by the idea of improving the lives of patients with cancer and supporting the work for those who provide their care?
MSK is seeking a Senior Application Analyst to join our Enterprise Imaging team. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys application support, analysis, and troubleshooting of an enterprise Vendor Neutral Archive (VNA) system. This VNA system will become the central repository for medical images that will also be viewable from MSK’s Electronic Health Record and other clinical systems. In this role, you will use your expert application knowledge to provide systems management, analysis, configuration, development, testing, implementation, production support and maintenance of an Enterprise Vendor Neutral Archive (VNA) system.
- Manage and maintain system functionality in a 24X7 environment and serve as a primary contact for Help Desk support
- Monitor the system daily to ensure data integrity, consistency and accuracy
- Diagnose, research and resolve daily VNA Systems reported issues
- Participate in training and share expertise regarding the VNA application with end users, project team, and other interested stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with project team, Information Technology teams, Data Center, vendors, clinicians and other end users in planning, developing, configuring, testing, implementing and supporting new VNA system functionality
- Develop and utilize your application knowledge to evaluate new Enterprise Imaging projects and determine scope, priority, and estimates
- Interpret and evaluate user needs, gather and analyze relevant data and develop these into appropriately detailed system workflows or new application requirements
- Identify, understand and communicate configuration options within core system processes to end users to fulfill business process requirements
- Troubleshoot, analyze and implement effective solutions to system related problems to minimize operational impacts and improve processing
- Prepare test plans, coordinate and conduct detailed comprehensive functional, interface, regression, integration, and post-implementation testing of new system releases to ensure readiness for enterprise deployment
- Use Remedy ticket tracking system for daily monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of the VNA system
- Participate in system recovery efforts and annual Disaster Recovery testing Be responsible for analysis, evaluation of software features and functions, implementations, configuration, testing, deployment, documentation and ongoing support of the Enterprise Imaging VNA system (IBM iConnect)
- Be required to provide off-hours, weekend and holiday support on a rotating basis
- A strong communicator and possess troubleshooting skills to handle off hours support calls
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- An effective communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interested in and capable of exploring innovative solutions to solve problems and address issues through the use of the delivered and custom-developed tools.
- Experienced in clinical systems implementations and support including system configuration, maintenance and software upgrades.
- An individual with strong analytical aptitude and a desire to continually learn and innovate.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Motivated by the idea of improving the lives of patients with cancer and supporting the work for those who provide their care.
- Bachelor’s Degree; degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred
- 3-5 years of experience supporting an enterprise imaging system (e.g. VNA, PACS)
- Experience working with HL7, DICOM,XCA. XDS, or XDS-I
- Provide off-hours support required
- Experience in a complex, multi-departmental healthcare environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with multitasking on complex projects
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.