Senior Associate, Brand Innovation at Harry's Inc.
In this role, you’ll work with the Senior Innovation Brand Manager to set the vision for your categories and products, and you’ll bring ideas to life through creativity and industry experience, consumer insights, and partnership with Marketing and R&D teams. This is a high-collaboration role with a top notch cross-functional team of marketers, DTC and Retail leads, consumer insights teams, finance, product developers and scientists.
We’re looking for an ownership mindset: Someone who can both ideate and execute, and is excited about making a true commercial impact on a growing brand.
Here’s What You’ll Accomplish
- Bring to life a clear 3-year product innovation plan for various body, fragrance, and limited-time offering categories; support Senior Innovation Brand Manager on setting strategy
- Partner with cross-functional team across the product development process, inclusive of: writing concepts based on consumer pain points, collaborating with Insights on gathering qualitative and quantitative feedback, briefing Product Development on product territories, briefing Design on packaging and artwork, and staying close to Project Management and Sourcing through the production process
- Clearly establish new product size-of-prize, building DTC and Retail forecasting, and working with the finance team to build out product P&L
- Utilise consumer research and industry experience to develop strategically sound and creatively innovative products based on a thorough understanding of our consumer target
- Clearly articulate the strategic “why” to cross-functional partners, explaining your innovation’s role in brand growth, and gaining buy in and alignment
- Laser-focused improvement on controlling COGs and driving margin accretive innovation
- Work hand-in-hand with Marketing counterparts within the Beyond Shave team to fully understand and execute against category and brand strategy, messaging, and communications plans
- Work closely with Product Development to deliver industry-leading product sensorials, fragrances, and pack innovations
- Own reforms, pack refreshes, and artwork updates
- Line review research and support for Retailer meetings
This Should Describe You
- 2+ years of work experience in product development/innovation in the CPG industry, with mass-market experience a plus
- “360” mindset: Able to develop innovation that seamlessly launches in DTC, Retail, or a combination of both
- Innovation growth mindset: Strategically developing innovation that drives long term growth and expansion
- Data and experience-driven mindset: Knowing when to invest time and budget on gathering data, and when to rely on industry experience
- Clear communicator: Able to concisely articulate vision, major milestones, and key decision points
- Able to create belief in new ideas that engages both internal and external stakeholders
- Shows strong judgment and creative instincts in product sensorials and experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, brand-forward business
- A collaborator and overall team player, you take pride in the wins of the collective team
Here’s Who You’ll Work With
- You will report into the Senior Innovation Brand Manager, Beyond Shave
- Within the broader Beyond Shave team, you’ll partner closely with our Marketing counterparts
- Within the larger H’ org, you’ll work closely with our Consumer Insights leads, Retail teams, E-comm and Growth teams, R&D team, Finance, and Shave Brand Management team
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.