Cat Person is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) brand shaking up the $75B pet industry by bringing respect, love and innovation to a long overlooked and underserved category: cat care. We started Cat Person because we saw a real need: thoughtfully designed food and goods made just for cats and the people who love them.
Launched in March 2020, and born out of Harry’s Labs, the innovation arm of Harry's, Inc., Cat Person offers a line of essentials to help cat parents better care for their cats, including food, treats, furniture and toys. A design-forward brand, we consider both the cat’s and the cat person’s needs in everything we make and do. It’s all part of our mission: to make life with cats even more awesome than it already is.
Though our team is small, our vision is grand. We aren’t just here to revolutionize cat care for the millions of cat parents in the US; we’re redefining what it means to be a cat person in culture today. Every role at Cat Person plays a part in redefining cat persons for the modern era.About the role
The Senior Associate, Business Operations will take on a variety of strategic, analytical, and operational projects to drive growth for our business. An ideal candidate will start by leading our business reporting and analytics processes, digging deep into the customer data to monitor KPIs and uncover actionable insights. In addition, the candidate will also provide operational support for the supply chain function of the brand, getting into the weeds of the end-to-end physical products journey from manufacturers to customers. Lastly, the candidate will also have the opportunity to drive cross-functional strategic projects, partnering with all teams and products across Cat Person. As you can already tell, no single day will be the same! You should love variety as much as you love diving deep into many subject areas. You will be joining the brand at the early stages and have a significant role in building a company from the ground up and shaping the direction and success of the business.What you will accomplish
- Own business reporting and analytics workstreams, leading to a deep understanding of DTC metrics and to making data-driven decisions for Cat Person’s go-to-market approach
- Learn about our customers (and most importantly their cats!) and what makes them tick in order to advance Cat Person’s ability to make decisions putting cats and cat persons at the forefront
- Deep involvement in managing critical operational activities ranging from supply chain, DTC fulfillment, and outbound logistics, with extensive interaction with third party partners
- Support other business-critical needs and gain exposure to every aspect of our business as a jack of all trades, e.g. product innovation, strategic roadmap, etc.
- 2+ years experience in a data-driven and analytical role (examples: consulting, investment banking)
- Interested in consumer-facing businesses (CPG and pet care is a plus)
- Desire to dive deep into and learn the ins and outs DTC operations; curious about DTC brands, how they work, and how they scale
- Thoroughly enjoy analytical quant work, bonus if previous direct experience in customer insights analytics
- Consumer-centric thinker who’s curious about how people think, make purchase decisions, and react to brands
- Self-starter with an exceptional ability to multi-task, able to prioritize work across workstreams with a perspective on what’s most important
- Hyper-organized and loves details
- Excellent problem-solver, able to take wide-ranging or ambiguous data and drive to a recommendation
- Collaborative cross-functional partner, with the ability to interface and manage relationships with various stakeholders in the business
- Strong communicator, able to translate data into cohesive narratives via presentations
- Thrive in fast-paced, startup-y environments with a “no task is too small” mentality and able to find innovative solutions to problems
- General awesomeness and a sense of humor
- Reporting to Senior Manager of Strategy and Operations, and working closely with the Co-founder and VP of Product Development
- Will also have significant exposure to the full cross-functional team including: digital product/engineering, customer experience, brand, and creative - in addition to external 3rd party partners
Cat Person is a new brand committed to strengthening the relationship between cats and cat persons by delivering cat care essentials - including food, treats and products - that are specially made for the unique needs of cats, and thoughtfully designed for their people. By putting modern feline lovers at the center of their research, design, and marketing processes, Cat Person is prioritizing the unmet needs of this fragmented, $75 billion pet market and flipping the script on the stereotype about cat owners. The company was founded by a small team of passionate cat people and launched in March 2020. Today, it is part of the Harry's Inc. family of brands.About Harry’s
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.