Senior Associate, Clinical Communications & Practice Facilitation
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
The Senior Associate of Clinical Communications and Practice Facilitation works with clinical design team to draft a communications strategy across audiences and stakeholders, outlines core messages, defines timeline for communications, and authors FAQs, messages from clinical leadership, road show presentations, and training materials to drive change management and adoption among care teams and members. You will maintain a cohesive archive with the clinical content creators of the other clinical product lines and are an expert at clear, concise writing. You can put together a meaningful communications plan or write a blog or powerpoint deck with different audiences in mind.
In this role, you will:
- Define and document communications strategy, messaging, timeline, and change management content to support implementation of clinical designs.
- Hold the pen on content changes across our clinical content, with an eye towards the whole being more than the sum of its parts.
- Partner with the clinical content creators on other clinical product lines to:
- Create a set of standardized templates for communications and training content.
- Create a standard communications archive; a “source of truth” for all clinical communications and training content and content to support implementation.
- Develop a standardized system to incorporate feedback to improve content and to maintain version control.
- Maintain the archive for your product line; all active workflows should be easily accessible. Outdated information is identified and removed or updated.
- Build communications and training materials across audiences, observe LD&D implementation of trainings, collect and process feedback, and nest the training materials in your archive.
- Draft, develop, and finalize communications materials that can be leveraged across audiences, including clinicians, operators, patients, and external stakeholders to enable successful launch, implementation, and ongoing performance monitoring of products.
Requirements for the Role:
- > 3-4 years experience in communications
- 2+ years of experience in healthcare provider and patient facing communications.
- 2+ years of experience in communications for change management and transformation
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Strong written communication skills are a must, with the ability to concisely articulate complex and write plainly and effectively with audience health literacy in mind
- Skilled use of workflow documentation tools (google slides, google documents, lucidchart, etc) and other media (i.e., video, infographic), a must
How We Define Success:
- Create, develop, and finalize communications strategy, communications content, and practice facilitation content for 1-2 clinical design plans launched each quarter
- Launch and maintain a standardized system to incorporate and track feedback to improve clinical communications and practice facilitation materials, monitor version control, and archive final content with demonstrated ease of access for users
- Seamlessly nest clinical communications and practice facilitation content within the soon to be launched Cityblock centralized content management operations and system. This may require collaboration with this new unit to understand requirements and offer recommendations
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience in graphic design, video content creation, and/or other communication modalities a plus.
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.