Senior Associate, Compliance - Governance at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial and regulatory compliance in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Senior Associate, Compliance - Governance
Gemini is looking for a smart, friendly individual that is organized, detail-oriented and eager to contribute
to a world-class compliance team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and quick study who is
comfortable working within the fast-paced environment of a growing FinTech firm. This is a unique
opportunity to make a real, immediate impact in an exciting new technology at an industry leading firm
well-positioned for success.
- Assist Compliance Management with the strategic build-out and ongoing management of the
Customer Complaint Program
- Oversee the identification, tracking, and resolution of customer complaints received by Gemini through a variety of sources
- Assist analysts with investigations into the root cause of customer complaints and ensure timely responses to customers and, where necessary, applicable Federal and State regulatory agencies
- Identify, track, and report on trends, patterns, and significant issues related to customer complaints
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Legal, Trust and Safety, and Customer Support Teams to identify and resolve significant and/or thematic issues
- BA/BS degree or international equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in a function responsible for customer complaints.
- Experience interacting with regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally to manage complex problems from end-to-end and drive change within an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Flexible mindset and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and assist in various compliance functions as needed.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.