Senior Associate, Engagement Operations & Initiatives at Cityblock (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
The Engagement Operations & Initiatives Senior Associate will lead core operational initiatives across Cityblock's Engagement Teams. You will report to the Engagement Operations & Initiatives Manager and will work closely with the Outreach, Network, Community Partnership, Member Service Center, and Member Retention Teams, leveraging your data analytic skills to help build integral processes to support Engagement efforts with our members.
You will wear many hats and assume major responsibilities within high visibility projects and engagements related to building, monitoring and improving Cityblock's core engagement operations as we scale rapidly across existing and new markets and evaluate opportunities to improve the Cityblock engagement strategy. You will partner closely with Cityblock's Data, Product, and Value Service Teams and external partners along the way.
The ideal candidate learns quickly, takes initiative, and can work collaboratively with all team members. You love to build and test new processes and workflows, and are ready to roll up your sleeves and dig into the details to make sure they land. You draw insights from data and are comfortable working with Cityblock's data team to make sure our care teams have access to the data and tools they need to serve our members. If you like solving hard problems, have experience serving on teams to deliver high impact projects and initiatives, are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, and are an amazing teammate, then we want to hear from you!
- Analyzing and reporting on Engagement performance data, designing dashboards with the data team to ensure leadership, staff, and business partners have access to the right data to drive performance
- Owning and improving existing key components of our Engagement strategy, including outreach strategies & tooling, network & community partnership strategy, member service center strategy, member experience, and other initiatives
- Developing new processes and workflows to address various team needs, and continuously monitoring performance
- Piloting new market-level initiatives and distilling learnings and applying best practices towards national operations
- Evaluating the performance of pilots & workflows to gather insights for future iterations
- Synthesizing results and reports for distribution to key internal stakeholders
Requirements for the Role:
- 3+ years of experience in a start-up, sales or consumer experience, healthcare management consulting, or similar large-scale initiative management experience
- Love for data, and have a track record of quickly translating business questions into meaningful analyses with easy to understand outputs and visualizations (proficiency in Excel/GSheet required, experience using Looker, SQL, or Google BigQuery preferred)
- Enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute complex, cross-functional projects
- Excited to take on any challenge -- no job too small!
- Are detail oriented and adopt a process-oriented mindset
- Are very comfortable with the project planning process, materials, and workflows
- Have a proven track record for working well across diverse teams
- Thrive in fast-moving work environments as an independent contributor
- Have exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Bachelor's degree required
How We Define Success:
- Developed trust-based relationships with Engagement Team Leadership (e.g. Outreach Leads, Network Strategy Leads, Member Service Center Managers, Head of Engagement)
- Competent utilizing day-to-day Engagement data (dashboard development, troubleshooting, etc.) within 30 days
- Successfully delivering all internal and external market performance reporting with minimal oversight within 60 days
- Full ownership of 2-3 Engagement Initiatives (e.g. revising call flow for Member Service Center to improve member SLAs) within the first 90 days
- Proactively identified 2-3 opportunities to improve market performance (e.g. improve ability to engage new members via external sources of contact information)
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- You have designed and led analytics and performance improvement initiatives in a value-based care setting such as an ACO, capitated provider, payer or health tech firm where you looked into questions related to total cost of care, risk adjustment, high-value network providers, etc.
- You have designed and led analytics and performance improvement initiatives in a sales or consumer facing industry such as
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.