Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
As a member of the Finance Team, you will be responsible for maintaining the logic, tools, and workflows to deliver an accurate roster of Cityblock-attributed members, and building these out for new markets/partners. This work is foundational to our business and clinical operations, providing a reliable accounting of attributed members, allowing for efficient allocation of clinical resources and a stable platform for ongoing financial reconciliation.
In this role, you will manage new member enrollment, analyze and report on changes in member eligibility, and standardize processes for disenrolling and re-enrolling members in the Cityblock care model.
This work requires collaboration with the actuarial, data, and market operations teams to ensure that our member population is current and accurately reflected in Cityblock’s systems. You will also work, alongside other team members in Finance, with partners to reconcile our membership with their records to enable integrity of payments to Cityblock.
Examples of Projects Include:
- Define and document business requirements: In collaboration with key stakeholders, build upon existing business and operational requirements to support membership management across expanding markets
- Perform monthly reconciliation of membership data with payer partners to support accurate invoicing of Cityblock’s care management fee for active members. This requires analysis of member eligibility data in Looker, Cityblock’s reporting and dashboarding tool
- Implement new enrollment, and disenrollment and re-enrollment cycles, and work alongside market operations to disseminate information about changes in member enrollment to care teams
- Collaborate with payer partners on members to be cared for in Cityblock’s care model and participate in monthly reconciliation meetings with actuarial stakeholders. This includes working with partners on cases to be retained despite meeting one or more criteria for disenrollment.
- Participate in product build initiatives to support automation of membership management workflows and analysis including automation of monthly reconciliation, churn analysis, as well as disenrollment and re-enrollment workflows.
Requirements for the Role:
- 3+ years of experience in analytical and operational roles. Experience with data analysis tools such as Excel and SQL. You thrive on combining rigorous data-driven analysis, strong operations intuition and judgment, and an ability to work well across a variety of teams to solve complex problems
- Deeply action oriented: You are excellent at project management, execution, and loop closure
- Structured “systems” thinker. When engaging with any problem, you think not only about the immediate solution but also ways to help Cityblock efficiently solve that problem at scale through systems and repeatable processes
- High-energy, positive team player. You have a proven ability to influence without authority and build strong working relationships with business partners; this is a highly cross-functional role, so a low ego and a high instinct for collaboration are musts
- You are passionate about Cityblock’s mission, just like the rest of us, and are excited to be an integral member of the team
How We Define Success:
- Business rules for each market and partner is documented - both from a Financial and Operational perspective. Documentation clearly identifies deviation from Cityblock standard practice where required by the Partner agreement or market GM
- Member records are generally consistent between Partners, Finance and Commons platform, and areas of disagreement are understood and easily identifiable
- Operations and Finance team have required reporting to understand member movements, Cityblock retention, and the causes of member turnover
- Monthly disenrollment and re-enrollment processes are actioned on a timely basis
- Partners view this role as credible representative of Cityblock on all matters related to eligibility
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience with insurance eligibility processes
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read: