Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We’re seeking a collaborative, operationally-minded individual to coordinate the occupational health and patient safety program at Cityblock. In this role, the ideal candidate will be accountable for driving the coordination, support, communications, and work plans for the Cityblock occupational health program for all our internal employees and members.
In this role, the senior associate will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure alignment with key updates related to occupational health and safety in the industry (ie. COVID news, talk scripts, updates on flu vaccinations, standards for reporting etc)
- Design and deploy operations workflows with care team leads, clinical leads, product leaders to ensure appropriate infrastructure is in place to successfully operate the Occupational Health and Safety program at Cityblock
- Ensure alignment with practice operations for the procurement of vaccinations for members and staff as appropriate; triage and track employees with associated responses appropriately
- Own aligning vaccine requirements reporting within appropriate tooling for employees and members, developing standardized tools for future role out for safety and compliance
- Maintain up to date toolings for vaccination status, employee attestations, accommodations and associated documentation for occupational health and safety policies and procedures
- Draft occupational health and safety policies with clinical and operational experts in the organization, ensuring appropriate policies approval and review processes at designated times
- Support markets in ensuring PPE adherence, access to appropriate PPE and guidelines are provided
- Manage and coordinate communications for the Occupational Health and Safety department, including market communications for incoming staff, field staff and members
- Work with Learning and Development, Compliance, and Clinical departments on occupational health and safety training for new employees and ongoing training for existing employees
- Support People team on FMLA, Worker’s Compensation and associated personnel policies related to occupational health and safety programming; including but not limited to vaccine mandate rollouts, compliance with root cause analysis, and support for non-adherence
- Participate and run occupational health market and weekly workgroup meetings, Follow-up with workstream owners on activities
- Escalate issues to leadership where required
- Create and populate status report weekly, including weekly metrics and reporting where managed
- Work cross-functionally with data teams, occupational team to organize structured meetings/report outs/email threads/market communications
- Work with Practice Operations to ensure:
- Associated workflows for deploying occupational health and safety operations and testing operations in Cityblock spaces (mobile, home and hub)
- Assist in any licensing, registration, registry data coordination
- Create market level workflows for deploying vaccine and test operations
- Ensure training of local market teams to associated policies, procedures or practices occur, aligned with Occupational Health teams
- Upload member COVID vaccine cards to Elation
Requirements for the Role:
- 2-5 years relevant experience in working with organizations on safety and risk management, leadership/culture, and/or compliance.
- Be passionate about safety performance improvement and have substantial experience developing and delivering world-class occupational health and safety solutions and supporting implementation.
- BS/MS degree preferred. Certification in field; CSP, CIH, PE, or similar registration highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting, with guidance and direction. Ability to be adaptable, deal with ambiguity, and flexible to changing situations, able to think outside the box, and to identify and respond rapidly to safety issues in field locations.
- Professionally attentive with an understanding of business acumen, business strategies and a desire for team collaboration.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, GSuite, and analytical skills; experienced in writing technical reports.
- Strong work ethic with a passion to learn, grow, and thrive.
How We Define Success:
- High reliability management and tracking of staff COVID vaccination and accommodation process
- Ensuring regular inventorying/re-review of Occupational Health Policies
- Defect-free staff onboarding and tracking processes
- Support of Occupational Health infrastructure including standing executive meetings, standard reporting, clearly understood central and local org structure
- Effective and up-to-date Occupational Health educational curriculum and training for staff
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience, in particular, in occupational health within a healthcare organization.
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read: