Senior Associate, Operations (Mobile Integrated Care) at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
Cityblock delivers care where it works best for our members. In addition to our community-based teams, we’ve made our services even stronger for COVID-19 and beyond by adding a Community Rapid Response team and Virtual Care offerings, allowing our members to access care 24/7 via the phone, video, and text message.
As a part of the team, you’ll go above and beyond to connect with members across all of our markets in a respectful and empathic manner to meet their needs and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
The Senior Market Operations Associate will lead core operational initiatives across Cityblock’s growing Mobile Integrated Care (MIC) team. You will report to the MIC Operations Manager and will work closely with them to build out and optimize our integral processes.
Mobile Integrated Care (MIC) is a team that provides essential and high-value urgent and acute care services to support our members and their health outcomes. We currently offer three primary services lines:
- Virtual urgent care: Video and telephone visits for urgent clinical and behavioral health needs, building out to 24/7 in the near-term
- Community Rapid Response (CRR): a team of paramedics and EMTs who can be rapidly deployed to our members’ homes with the virtual support of an emergency medicine provider, completing both urgent on-demand and scheduled visits
- EMT-assisted provider visits: a scheduled clinical visit program that pairs a virtual provider with an in-person EMT, allowing our members to see a provider via video call wherever they feel most comfortable
You will wear many hats and assume major responsibilities within high visibility projects and engagements related to building, monitoring and improving MIC’s core operations as we scale rapidly within our markets and evaluate opportunities to improve our processes. You will partner closely with others on the MIC team, including our clinical leaders, to ensure that infrastructures are in place to support our clinical team’s work to serve Cityblock’s members.
The ideal candidate learns quickly, takes initiative, and can work collaboratively with all team members. You love to build and test new processes and workflows, and are ready to roll up your sleeves and dig into the details to make sure they land. You draw insights from data and are comfortable working with Cityblock’s data team to make sure our care teams have access to the data and tools they need to serve our members. If you like solving hard problems, have experience serving on teams to deliver high impact projects and initiatives, are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, and are an amazing teammate, then we want to hear from you!
- Developing new processes and workflows to address needs, and continuously monitoring performance
- Identifying data needs, building analytic dashboards, and ensuring leadership and staff have access to the right data to drive performance
- Owning and improving existing key components of our care model strategy at the market level, including clinical handoffs design, member engagement strategies, network strategy, provider visit strategy, member experience, and other clinical initiatives
- Piloting new market-level initiatives and distilling learnings and applying best practices towards national operations
- Supporting coordination with our market stakeholders
- Supporting roll-out of strategic and operational initiatives
- Project managing longer term initiatives
Requirements for the Role:
- 3+ years of experience in healthcare management consulting, healthcare operations, or similar large-scale initiatives management experience
- Are detail oriented and adopt a process-oriented mindset
- Love for data, and have a track record of quickly translating business questions into meaningful analyses with easy to understand outputs and visualizations (using tools like Excel, Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Enjoy executing complex, cross-functional projects with many stakeholders and an emphasis on change management
- Excited to take on any challenge -- no job too small!
- Are very comfortable with the project planning process, materials, and workflows
- Have a proven track record for working well across diverse teams
- Thrive in fast-moving work environments as an independent contributor
- Have exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
How We Define Success:
- Share accountability for success of operational process improvement and achievement of KPIs
- Active participation in practice development, redesign, and innovation
- Internal and external stakeholder experience (NPS), plus maintained/improved member experience (NPS)
- Successfully ship new workflows (including training the team and relevant stakeholders) with clear metrics to track the workflows’ success and iterate as needed.
- Effectively own and contribute to operations for the Mobile Integrated Care team
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience within a fast-growing startup environment
- Experience building clinical workflows and/or healthcare process improvement
- Experience with home care, community paramedicine, or virtual care programs
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.