Senior Compliance Associate - External Audit & Assurance at Prove (Formerly Payfone)
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:50 p.m. (EST) on Monday, December 21, 2020
Prove is the modern platform for continuous identity authentication and is used by over 1,000 enterprises and 500 financial institutions including 7 of the top 10 U.S. banks. Prove’s cloud solutions and mobile intelligence -driven APIs can be easily orchestrated to increase Approve Rates to over 90%, enabling companies to authenticate customer identities accurately, effortlessly, and privately, while mitigating fraud. Prove’s solutions are available in 195 countries. For the latest updates from Prove, follow us on LinkedIn.
As we continue to scale our company, we are looking for people who know how to make an impact. We’re talking self-starting professionals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, process information quickly and make intelligent decisions. The work is challenging and requires not only smarts, but natural curiosity and tenacity. Teamwork is also important to us – we work together and play together.
Prove has big plans; we’re excited and optimistic about the future. If this sounds like a career for you – come check us out.
Prove is hiring a new Senior Compliance Associate - External Audit & Assurance to join our growing Compliance Team. In this role, you will be a results-driven compliance professional who can drive initiatives with regards to our regulatory obligations, respond and manage compliance-related initiatives, and oversee and conduct external audits (on-site and virtual) for Prove’s clients and prospects. We are looking to bring on an individual who is excited to learn and contribute to a fast growing company and mission driven team on the front lines of data privacy and security. The fraud and authentication space is fast moving, and the competitive landscape is always changing. This individual will have a direct impact to build be on the ground floor of new product lines and have the ability for rapid advancement and ownership as we continue to grow and scale. This will be a high-performing, individual contributor to start, with runway to eventually lead a function and accelerate their career.
What You Are Responsible For
- Overseeing, coordinating, and presenting at audits (on-site and virtual) for Prove clients and prospects
- Collaborating with the Customer Success team in addition to other internal teams at Prove, such as Information Security, Technical Operations, Legal, Engineering, and Product
- Responding to due diligence requests from Prove's prospects and clients, including vendor risk, security, and regulatory compliance questionnaires
- Partnering with various internal teams at Prove depending on the nature and scope of the request
- Managing and overseeing external certification and security audits by accredited third party assessors, such as SOC 2, PCI DSS, HIPAA/HITECH, ISO 27001, GDPR, etc.
- Assisting other teams with compliance-related activities related to large external requests and projects (e.g., RFPs)
- Drafting and reviewing materials (policies, templates, roadmaps) to support data protection initiatives and enterprise governance
- Overseeing IT risk management activities (internal audits)
What We Require
- 3+ years audit and/or IT governance, financial services, risk and/or compliance experience
- Security audit experience (e.g., SOC, PCI DSS, ISO 27001)
- Privacy Impact Assessment experience (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, HIPPA);Experience working at or with a financial institutions/banks and regulatory compliance (GLBA, OCC, FCRA, CFPB, etc) preferred, but not required
- Attention to detail, writing, and communication skills are critical, as this is a client-facing role with exposure to both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail and direction
- Interest in growing career and taking on new challenges and opportunities within legal and compliance roles
- Open to JD and and non-JD candidates
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Prove is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.
Read Full Job Description