WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We're looking for a talented Senior Data Consultant to join our Data Services Team. We work closely with our customers during onboarding to integrate the Braze into their products and with existing customers to improve their use of Braze. You’ll be side-by-side with the product and engineering teams at some of the fastest growing and most innovative brands, like Postmates, Microsoft, ibotta, Domino’s, and OkCupid. For many of these companies, the mobile app is their flagship product and the face of their brand. You’ll work with brands like these as an extension of their team to help solve their challenges with customer engagement.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about data and prototyping and will have experience managing, scoping and delivering technical projects, aligning stakeholders, working with Data Scientists and have top-of-the-line people skills. You should have examples of projects that you’ve managed end-to-end from design to finished product. You should be great at managing your own time, breaking down complicated problems, troubleshooting, and rapidly iterating on a product.
- Work directly with Data Scientists to research and prototype new products for our customers
- Work directly with customer’s data, marketing and BI teams to understand their data needs
- Leverage data and automate decision-making for our customers
- Lead execution of high ambiguity projects
- Optimize internal processes to shorten customer time to value and other internal KPIs.
- Ideate and execute new areas of research
- Travel to Braze’s global offices and customer base to deliver presentations and provide data expertise on-site (up to 30% travel time).
WHO YOU ARE
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, business management or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Cloud Databases/Data Warehouses (Snowflake/Redshift/BigQuery, etc)
- 4+ plus years in project management capacity, ideally in a client facing capacity
- Experience working hand-in-hand with technical experts (Engineers, Data Scientists, Product Managers)
- Experience building web-services like APIs and various data structures (JSON/AVRO/Parquet, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a user-centric attitude.
- High level of intellectual curiosity. You see opportunity and growth in learning more about what you do and how it impacts others.
- Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics or business management
- Experience working in Reserach & Development organizations
- Experience managing engineers and other technical stakeholders
- Python or Go knowledge
- Atlassian or other Project Tracking Software experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.