Senior Director of Academic Research
At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Scientific Research team is at the forefront of this challenge, designing and running studies to tackle problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Senior Director of Academic Research to help us shape and maintain the team in charge of all internal and external scientific affairs. This senior management position reports directly to the Chief of Psychology and exerts a significant amount of impact on the overall success of our team leveraging Noom’s partnerships with other academic experts.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You'll get three weeks' paid vacation and a flexible work policy.
- Delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam, our NYC office on-site chef.
What We’ll Like About You
- You have a PhD with at least 10 years of experience in healthcare
- Proven track record of publishing in well-regarded journals and grant writing and acquisition
- Methodical, disciplined, diligent, well-organized, and professional
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience with being in a senior leadership position on a similarly-sized (or larger) team
- Experience with growing and managing scientific research teams as well as with/in non-academic environments
- The ability and enthusiasm to mentor less-senior researchers
- You enjoy managing teams and projects at the right level of detail, providing support and guidance without being afraid to get your hands dirty from time to time
- You have a proven track record of growing researcher teams through great hires, fostering the creation of a harmonious culture, and finding the right intersection between expediency and best practice.
- You’re a great mentor, and enjoy helping other researchers grow and realize their full potential.
- You take your job very seriously, but you don’t take yourself too seriously!