Senior Director, Airport Affairs
CLEAR makes life easier and more secure by using biometrics – your fingerprints, eyes and face – to confirm that you are you, and keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 45+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we’re working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 3+ million members across the country.
In this role, you will responsible for growing CLEAR’s airport business and transforming airport relationships from vendor to strategic partner. You will introduce technology transformations from curb to gate to continuously improve our partnership with airports. Maintain relationships and negotiate contracts with airports.
What You Will Do:
- Fill and maintain the airport launch pipeline
- Identify airport stakeholders to connect with and propose CLEAR product to
- Lead presentations for each new airport meeting
- Attend airport meetings and speak to our standard operating procedures and minimum requirements for go-live operations
- Negotiate operations with new airports in partnership with operations
- Negotiate physical space for CLEAR enrollment and lane configuration. This includes airport operators, TSA and partner airlines
- Lead both partnership pitches and ultimately the implementation of new products (e.g., concessions / parking, biometric boarding pass) into the field
- Coordinate with TSA to answer product questions, including demonstrating to local Federal Security Directors when needed.
- Negotiate new or renewing airport contracts
- Create business proposals leading up to executed contracts, including financials
- Create internal sensitivity analysis to support recommendation of new or updated financial terms
- Support CLEAR’s operations team in optimizing ongoing airport stakeholder to improve the member experience
- Lead presentations for existing and new airport meetings
- Collaborate on low NPS CLEAR lanes and propose reconfigurations
- Identify areas for footprint expansion.
- Once identified, work with Procurement / Finance for budget approval for existing expansions requests
Who You Are:
- You have at least 6 years of corporate real estate experience with extensive knowledge of field operations. Airline and/or airport experience a bonus
- Knowledge and experience in the administration and negotiation of lease agreements
- Demonstrated thought leader in your current position in front of government agencies or with other key stakeholders
- You have experience with navigating the federal government, as well as state and local affairs
- Ability to assert while maintaining diplomacy and political awareness
- Proficient with PowerPoint advanced MS Excel & G- Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels within the organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, shift priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, while exercising sound judgment to make decisions
- Willing and able to travel at least 30% of the time
- Bachelor's Degree required
- MBA or Law degree optional