Senior Director, Client Strategy at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Act as a senior individual contributor on a portfolio of key strategic clients.
- Focus on fully growing strategic accounts by becoming a trusted advisor to senior investment, strategy and planning leads.
- Communicate and persuade fully across junior to very senior clients, while also demonstrating influence over Director to VP level constituents.
- Use creative and strategic problem-solving skills to fine solutions that are mutually beneficial to TTD and our clients.
- Design 6-12 month plans for driving revenue, margin and channel/new advertiser growth on key accounts.
- Partner closely with our sales team and external resources to drive projects forward.
- Develop trusting and productive relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Act as an internal voice for client product and strategy needs.
- Experience in developing, nurturing and managing client relationships.
- Proven track record of driving revenue growth with large customer accounts.
- Strong management and leadership skills through a collaborative team approach.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, executive team and industry groups.
- Execute timely in fast-paced environment through effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.