The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, and Jaguar Land Rover—as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department—trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is seeking highly-organized, motivated, and goal-oriented Senior Director, Consulting Services to join our Professional Services organization. As a Senior Director, Consulting Services you will be responsible for the implementation business unit of the overall services organization. You will direct multiple teams of technical engagement managers to ensure successful delivery of implementation and onboarding services for Yext Customers. In addition, you would be responsible for training, coaching and timely feedback for the team leads/managers. This position is a highly important part of the Client Success and Consulting Services Leadership, as Implementation Services at Yext are a critical part of the customer experience as the first impression to customers.
We value individuals who are fast learners, team contributors, strong communicators, and problem solvers. Ideal candidates are interested in technology, can build strong relationships, and quickly learn the parts of our business.
What You'll Do
- Manage department capacity, backlog and utilization to meet company targets and actively monitor and report on these metrics on a consistence cadence
- Direct team resources to ensure successful project outcomes and positive client experiences measured by CSAT and Time to value on services engagements
- Monitor, assess and mitigate risks to the department’s portfolio of projects; identify issues and opportunities early on and coach team managers on how to help the team mitigate
- Create and iterate on service approaches and strategies to drive quicker time to value and greater return on investment for clients
- Report to senior leadership on key metrics including key projects and risks, as well as prioritized product feedback
- Provide feedback, coaching and mentorship to team members in order to promote professional development and effective performance
- Partner closely with sales, success and support org leadership to ensure client satisfaction, through collaborating on process improvements, or resource allocation strategies
- Proactively identify and contribute to process improvements including automation opportunities and execution playbooks
- Review department product feedback and advocate for the appropriate product roadmap items based on customer needs, including both product and product marketing considerations
What You Have
- BA/BS degree or similar college level education
- 7+ years of experience in Software Implementation, Consulting, or similar client facing roles
- 3+ years of team lead or people management experience preferred
- Excellent project management (including prioritization and organization) skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Client-centric focus and sincere empathy
- Data-oriented decision maker
- Outstanding and effective interpersonal skills; along with strong ability to communicate complex problems
- Detail-oriented, organized, process-driven
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Determination and perseverance when faced with challenges
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team environment
- Takes pride in providing a high level of service and delivering consistent performance
- Passionate about technology
- Must be available for occasional travel (less than 20%)
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.