Senior Director, Global Production Technology at Peloton
As the Senior Director of Global Production Technology, you’ll lead a team that keeps client infrastructure secure, redundant and scalable. The Global Production Technology team is responsible for technology solutions and Peloton’s content streaming infrastructure across all US and international markets. We do this by developing and maintaining a media asset workflow that manages both live and video on demand (VOD) content. The goal is to ensure the highest quality video content for our members with the best technology for distribution. Our team also works with the production teams to manage the automated ingestion of new media. We also collaborate with software engineering to improve the quality of asset management.
- Comfortable leading global teams that work in a heavily matrixed organization
- Proactively identify and direct the work of others who build solutions that scale and work with
multiple teams on projects from idea to production.
- A global thinker and strategist who stays in touch with latest industry trends
- Passion for automating processes
- The right person can lead teams and will possess significant hands-on implementation
experience and demonstrate a strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- The successful candidate will have spent 10 years of their career in customer-facing roles in the
field of video, video pipelines delivering software architecture, and a proven record of effective
collaborations across multiple internal organizations and interactions with partners and
- Experience negotiating and managing vendor relationships
- Experience managing global production budgets
- Lead and train a team of solution oriented collaborators that develop and improve the video
backend using state of the art technology platforms
- Lead a team of highly skilled and passionate team of multi-national engineers to build and
operate Peloton’s video services
EXTENSIVE TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE and PROFICIENCY REQUIRED:
- Working with end-user developer communities.
- Supporting global partners and programs.
- Digital rights management.
- Video codecs and compression.
- Content encoding and transcoding.
- Broadcast/Broadband Television, Video-On-Demand.
- AWS media services.
- Creating AWS Lambda workflows for serverless workflows.
- AWS Elemental physical servers and cloud media services.
- Global medial delivery in a multi-CDN environment.
- AWS technologies from a dev/ops perspective
- Programming in Python or Go
- Videoand audio encoding (H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC...) or streaming (HLS, MPEG-DASH...)
- Development and support of production systems used in a 24x7 operations environment
- Excellent understanding of operating system / Linux fundamentals
- Working with networking protocols (such as TCP, TLS, HTTP/2)
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting complex systems using test tools, network management
systems, and error reporting systems
- Analyzing and improving efficiency, scalability, stability, reliability, and performance of CDN
- Hollywood grade DRM systems, i.e. Playready, Widevine and Fairplay
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.