Senior Director, Growth at HomeAdvisor
At HomeAdvisor, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
About the Role
HomeAdvisor is seeking to fill a key role in its newly formed Category Management team. HomeAdvisor’s leadership launched this team to ensure we develop targeted strategies, tailored product, and optimized operations to address the unique needs of Homeowners and Service Professionals we serve – all in the strong belief that this is necessary to unlock and further accelerate the company’s growth.
HomeAdvisor is seeking a highly analytical leader with strategy, product management or operations experience to join the Category Management team. This is a unique opportunity to work on HomeAdvisor’s critical and highest growth revenue initiatives and to own the performance of an important part of our overall business – from early testing through to build and scale. You will be responsible for driving strategy to maximize category revenue and health, setting and managing executional priorities, and leading critical cross-company efforts. This role reports to the General Manager of Category Management.
In this role, you will devise strategy, build frameworks, structure solutions, and drive and measure results in the most critical areas of the business, while developing as a future leader of the organization. You will work cross-functionally across departments, including product, marketing, sales, operations, and others to improve our customer and pro experience. You will interface regularly with the executive team at HomeAdvisor, as well as the teams at our sister brands.
This is the perfect role for a hungry, analytical team-player who wants to grow existing and new, high-potential new business lines and sees themselves a future CEO or entrepreneur.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Setting and driving strategy and execution for high-growth P&L priorities. You will be responsible for evaluating opportunities to improve conversion, margin, and overall profitability of the category.
- Managing current operations and seeding longer-term strategies. You will manage current cross-functional operational priorities that are critical to category health and performance, while leading a portfolio of new initiatives to test into and accelerate our long-term growth.
- Analyzing and measuring impact. Test hypotheses quickly! Conduct data analysis, market research, and user research to identify opportunities. You’ll constantly be looking at (and improving) the metrics.
- Collaborating with internal and external teams. You will have to work closely with people in product, marketing, sales, and operations, as well as teams at our sister brands, to succeed.
What we're looking for
- 10+ years of professional experience with evidence of increasing responsibility in a Product- or e-Commerce Marketing-adjacent business role
- Prior experience as a business owner of a new initiative in a product-driven tech or eCommerce company, with a track record from launch to scale
- Exceptional strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Tactical experience designing, building and executing scalable products and processes from scratch, ideally in an operations-intensive environment. Willing to dig in and do what it takes to make sure the business succeeds
- Creative problem-solver with excitement to work on cross-functional teams and projects
- Prior small company or start-up experience required
- Exceptional quantitative skills and aptitude
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Humble and effective cross-functional team player with demonstrated leadership potential
- Deep knowledge of Excel and familiarity with databases and SQL preferred
- Significant exposure to digital marketing preferred
- Experience with managing on-site and email conversion flows and optimization a plus
- Demonstrated P&L ownership a plus
- Prior experience managing a team is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus in an analytical field
- MBA not required, but preferred
- A passion for HomeAdvisor and where it is headed