Peloton is looking for a passionate Senior Director, M&A Technical Diligence to help us vet and evaluate opportunities for growth through acquisitions, strategic investments, and partnerships. Reporting to the VP, M&A Diligence & Integration, this person will work cross-functionally with key stakeholders and potential targets, and will play a critical role in a wide range of M&A-related projects and transactions.
The M&A function sits within Peloton’s broader Strategy & Corporate Development team and is responsible for conducting competitive landscape research and identifying, evaluating, and executing M&A transactions, strategic investments, and partnerships that support the long-term strategy of the company.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an independent, strategic, and technical expert who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large mentality), has an outstanding work ethic, has excellent technical asset & talent evaluation capabilities and is willing to operate as an owner to create value for the team. Additionally, this role requires strong communication, diplomacy and collaboration skills, as being a team player will be critical for success.
- Assess engineering personnel at M&A target companies for talent, capabilities, technical expertise and acumen, and culture fit
- Evaluate system architecture (e.g., cloud architecture, application architecture, enterprise architecture) and facilitate high level code reviews
- Assess M&A target Intellectual Property, algorithms and tradecraft
- Evaluate scalability of technology platforms and adaptability for Peloton's needs
- Assess (or engage specialists to assess) M&A target software, APIs, hardware specifications, firmware, electronics, etc.
- Determine if there is a "there there" with potential technology-focused M&A opportunities, and determine whether the targets are worthy of conducting deeper dives and engaging key stakeholders from our core product development, e-commerce, and enterprise IT systems teams
- Draft reports and memos summarizing technical diligence findings to be shared with internal stakeholders
- Present and communicate technical diligence findings and perspective with stakeholders, sponsors, and senior leadership
- 15+ years of experience in M&A, Technical Diligence, Engineering & Product
- Previous experience as an Engineering Manager responsible for recruiting, leading, evaluating and mentoring engineering and technical teams is preferred
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Excellent technical asset evaluation skills
- Proven ability to assess technical talent and capabilities
- Strong background in business intelligence and competitive analysis
- Experience with strategy design, planning & execution
- Ability to work collaboratively and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Proven ability to cultivate and maintain strong cross-functional relationships both internally and externally
- Exceptional interpersonal and written / verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and self motivation
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.