Senior Director of Operations at Policygenius
About the role….
We’re searching for an experienced leader who can scale our operations function for our rapidly growing Life Insurance business, ensuring an efficient and consistent set of processes, driving initiatives that improve the customer experience, and leading our team to implement best practices and deliver results.
Our Senior Director of Operations will oversee multiple teams across our offices in New York City and Durham, North Carolina and will scale these teams to 100+ people in the coming months to support our growth. These teams work closely with our customers to complete the life insurance application process while providing a best-in-class experience.
The ideal candidate for this role is a thoughtful and deliberate people leader with a unique ability to mentor, coach, and develop operations managers who lead large frontline teams. You must have a track record of building and leading an operations organization (or similar function) at a high-growth stage tech or financial services company. You should also be experienced in cross-functional problem-solving and developing and scaling processes to ensure operational excellence.
This role reports to the VP of Life Operations.
In this role, you will…
- Coach and mentor a team of high-performing operations managers who oversee our customer facing sub-teams
- Scale and manage a large operations function that supports the growth goals of our business and serves our life insurance customers’ needs
- Work with operations leadership to set team SLAs and daily, weekly, and monthly targets and drive execution in line with those metrics
- Oversee all aspects of people leadership and success in the operations organization: recruiting, onboarding, learning, licensing, performance management, compensation, career development, team structuring, staffing forecasting, scheduling/timekeeping, day-to-day tactical coaching and mentoring
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and partners to develop, champion, and launch new processes and initiatives to prepare them for scale
- Provide timely and accurate executive-level reports of operations performance and forecasts of organization needs
- Create a values-oriented team environment that rewards achievement, accountability and collaboration
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 7+ years’ experience in scaling operations, especially in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, preferably in financial services or technology
- You’re an exemplary people leader with a demonstrated track record of coaching and mentoring other managers with their own large teams
- You have a track record of solving complex problems and redesigning business processes with an emphasis on efficiency, and you’re able to think critically through unique problems and quickly implement a path to a solution, toggling effortlessly between big picture strategy and in-the-weeds tactical problem-solving
- You can plan and manage projects & budgets with a tight focus on execution and attention to detail and can independently prioritize and drive initiatives to successful completion
- You’re an exceptional collaborator with the ability to communicate effectively with people across the organization at all levels
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!