Senior Director of Property Services
Common’s hands-on, end-to-end property management and technology offering allows us to deliver unparalleled services that address the actual needs of today’s renter while providing significantly above-market returns for our real estate partners. This makes us the preferred choice for city-dwelling adults looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
- Manage a nation-wide team across our portfolio of properties, with the goal of providing amazing customer service to our members and real estate partners
- Hire, support, and provide performance feedback to a diverse team including regional managers, property technicians, coordinators, porters, building administrators and housekeepers
- Full accountability and oversight for property services planning, staffing, budgeting, capital improvement priorities, and changes to methods and practices
- Continuously focused on improving efficiency, effectiveness and scalability
- Project manage roll outs of new technology tools/systems, processes and services
- Manage relationships with building owners, contractors, vendors and strategic partners
- Work with other operational leaders and the executive team to prioritize initiatives and contributes valuable insights that shape the longer-term direction of the company
- 10+ years experience in property management or related operational leadership roles
- Technical understanding of building systems and maintenance requirements
- Passion for building teams and relentlessly optimistic
- Project management skills to identify problems, scope solutions and take action on areas for improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to break down and explain complex concepts
- Demonstrated urgency to make changes and tenacity to overcome barriers
- Experience managing vendors, contractors, outsourced service providers
- Experience in Real Estate, Property Management or Hospitality is preferable
- Ability to travel to remote markets
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.