About the role...
As the Senior Director of Strategy for our Sales and Operations teams, you will lead a high performing, multi-disciplinary team and work cross functionally to develop strategic initiatives, deliver business impact, and delight our clients and strategic partners.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to balance problem-solving and process, think both strategically and tactically, and bring a deep understanding of the interplay between sales, operations, customer acquisition, product and business intelligence. You should have experience developing a strategic roadmap and executing cross-functional initiatives at a high-growth technology or financial services company. You likely come from a deeply analytical background, with experience developing and scaling people processes with the goal of driving performance and delivering impact. The ideal candidate for this role is just the right mix of a skillful problem solver, thoughtful operator and dedicated people leader.
This role reports to the Senior Vice President of Operations.
In this role, you will…
- Lead a high performing team of internal consultants and project managers and collaborate with key stakeholders to develop, champion, and launch new initiatives to enable the continued growth and momentum of the company
- Drive high priority strategic projects and programs (e.g., product benchmarking, operational improvement initiatives, evaluation and implementation of new systems, competitive analysis)
- Develop new business models, organizational structures and cross-functional initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness across the organization and drive long-term business goals
- Support operations and broader leadership team in strategic planning, organizational planning, and business rhythm processes, aligning with other functions to develop and manage strategic priorities
- Develop relationships with senior stakeholders and work cross-functionally to address concerns and remove roadblocks to drive projects forward
- Stay on top of industry and consumer trends to evaluate markets and business models, conduct competitive assessments, create forward-looking forecasts and evaluate recommendations for strategic growth
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 8+ years of experience leading and executing on strategic initiatives in fast-paced, dynamic environments, including experience in an operational, project management, or management consulting roles
- You’ve got strong business insight and strategy paired with a desire to work through problems and guide meaningful business decisions, sometimes with incomplete information
- You possess extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively navigate and influence change across all levels of an organization
- Excellent people management and coaching skills paired with a track record of leading business operations teams, from recruiting to performance management and professional development
- You’re naturally curious, with exceptional analytical skills and the ability to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data, formulate and test hypotheses, synthesize your findings and draw insightful conclusions
- You’re able to remain focused and organized in a dynamic startup environment, bringing order to chaos and driving execution
- You’ve got a go-getter attitude; you’re willing to be proactive and take on new projects and responsibilities
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- A flexible-first workplace, with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive community of fun, diverse, and open-minded coworkers committed to our mission of helping people get financial protection right
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!