Senior Director, Strategy & Partnerships
Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Foursquare Analytics (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence. In many ways, the company is now a Machine Learning and Data Science company at its core.
About this Position:
Foursquare is seeking a business development professional to expand our existing relationships and build new ones with a clear focus on new product initiatives and enhancements leveraging our data/technology. This candidate should know the advertising technology landscape inside and out as they will be leveraging Foursquare’s technology and data strategically to align with partners' goals. He or she must have experience building and maintaining business relationships and structuring large, strategic deals that help mutually grow business. The Director, Strategy and Partnerships should have a strong knowledge of mobile data and services and will lead deals with the world’s largest consumer/tech companies and top brands to integrate with Foursquare’s platform.
This position will be the key liaison for business partners that include publishers and technology companies. These relationships will be the foundation of growth and enhancement of our advertising and measurement products. This person will be key in ensuring organized and seamless execution across a range of tasks and responsibilities. Personability, attention to detail, and self-motivation will be key skills needed to succeed and grow in this role.
- Lead the partnership and deal process, managing each step from strategy/planning, pipeline development, prospecting, outreach, terms negotiation, contract drafting and negotiation, and implementation
- Research new partners and solutions and stay up on the latest technology/mobile industry news
- Evaluate new initiatives, opportunities and deals for strategic alignment and bring new Foursquare innovations to market
- Identify, target and close appropriate data partnerships across a range of tech companies
- Lead new inventory and channel partnerships including enhancements to existing mobile and video executions, publisher PMPs, new channel partners (audio, OOH, TV)
- Build and maintain senior relationships at emerging tech and mobile companies
- Lead the legal review process, working with Foursquare’s legal team and the partner to edit and execute deals
- Coordinate with the product and engineering teams to scope, plan, and execute integrations and product developments
- Work alongside product marketing to roll out internal and external collateral, education, and sales strategy for new offerings
- Become an expert on Foursquare’s data and capabilities to assist in internal education and external SME on partnerships and product offerings
- Develop strong internal relationships across the Foursquare organization, including the business, legal, product, marketing and engineering organizations
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- Knowledge of the programmatic, mobile, and location ecosystem
- 6-8 years of experience within adtech/mobile/location/data space
- Previous experience with legal contracts is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.