Senior Director - Strategy at Veeva
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:38 a.m. (EST) on Saturday, July 3, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
The Senior Director, Link for Therapeutic Areas U.S. Strategy, requires a deep understanding of and experience with U.S. pharmaceutical commercial and medical processes and technologies in oncology and specialty medicines. You will be a member of a growing business unit at Veeva and will be responsible for the market strategy for Veeva Link for Therapeutic Areas in the U.S. market including defining and shaping the market and understanding customer unmet needs. You will work closely with our customers, Product Management, and Engineering teams to ensure a successful launch in 2021 and create a commercial roadmap for continual innovation. You will be responsible for delivering customer success for key projects and working with customers to identify a full solution for field-based CRM integration. As the business matures you will also be responsible for identifying and executing key commercial deals in partnership with sales and managing key client projects and relationships. You will maintain a public presence for the business at industry events and conferences, ensure the continued rapid growth of our market share, and work with the global marketing leader to prepare marketing collateral and externally facing messaging.
What You'll Do
- Define the U.S. go-to-market strategy for Veeva Link for Therapeutic Areas, and oversee its execution
- Advise our Product Management team on market dynamics and evolving customer needs
- Identify and onboard early adopter customers, ensuring their success, creating strong references for the business
- Work with our sales and marketing teams to ensure relevant marketing messaging and the success of our sales organization as it scales
- Provide thought leadership to the market, speaking at conferences and authoring thought leadership articles
- 15+ years of experience in professional services/consulting with a focus on oncology and other specialty therapeutic areas
- Deep U.S. healthcare environment understanding and experience
- Experience with specialty pharmaceuticals and a general understanding of oncology and treatment pathways
- Strong network across the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device industry, particularly in Brand/Business Unit Leadership, Sales, Marketing, and Medical Affairs
- Strong track record translating customer needs into product innovation and solutions
- Excellent critical thinking, analysis, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel extensively for customer meetings and internal events in the future
- Based in Philadelphia, New Jersey, NYC, or Boston
Nice to Have
- Global and above market healthcare environment understanding and experience
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning and development
- Health and wellness programs
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.