WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Braze is at an inflection point in our maturity, where a key focus of our work is on Scalability, Observability, and Reusability. Reporting to the Chief of Staff in the Office of the CTO, you’ll focus on major incident management, process management, program management, and release management. The Office of the CTO is focused on ensuring that Braze is operating as a technology-first business, with process, policy, and support in place to manage growth and scale. You’ll be ensuring that programs and processes that span or are required by multiple engineering departments are standardized, followed, and improved over time.
- Creating, communicating, and executing the incident response strategy and actions for individual incidents (spanning Security, IT, Infrastructure, and Product Engineering).
- Incident Commanding major incidents, driving resolution by closely partnering and collaborating with Engineering, Technical Support, Customer Success and Marketing Leadership.
- Lead our Blameless postmortems and champion a culture of continuous improvement of operations and execution.
- Own all incident notification systems, including upkeep and continuous improvement.
- Manage all incident-related training, including cross-training of our SREs, DevOps, and Application Engineers.
WHO YOU ARE
- Sufficient technical background and experience with specific tools for reporting, documentation and observability (Jira, Confluence, Datadog, or the equivalent).
- Able to effectively communicate critical issue status (both verbally and written) to executive staff, go to market teams, and other involved parties.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience managing technical incidents, whether as part of an on call team, or as an escalation manager.
- You have a high degree of operational excellence, use data driven decision making to minimize risk, and love building and managing against reports and data.
- 5+ years in project management, escalation management, operations, and/or technical support experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.