Senior Executive Assistant at Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
Stack Overflow is looking for a Senior Executive Assistant to the CEO and who is detail-oriented, innovative, and an organizational professional. The Senior Executive Assistant can work virtually and will report directly to the CEO. The ideal candidate will have a positive can-do attitude and a commitment to providing outstanding support with a wide range of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Anticipate and prioritize the needs of the Chief Executive Officer
- Organize high volume calendars and schedule complex meetings
- Assist in drafting emails, companywide correspondence, and preparing documents/briefs
- Handle confidential information with the utmost discretion and sensitivity
- Work as a strategic and collaborative partner to all executives, the Executive Support Team, and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Coordinate logistics, including expense reports and travel as needed
What you’ll need to have:
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in a similar role, direct support for executives and preferably directly to members of the C-Suite
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent time-management skills combined with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment; experience supporting remote executives and teams is a plus
- Flexibility and agility in an ever-changing environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to best represent yourself, our executives and Stack Overflow
- Enthusiasm for problem-solving and optimization, specifically in regards to calendars, time management, and prioritization
- Passion for excellent service, learning new skills/concepts, communicating across divisions, and project management
- Resourcefulness and intuition to make decisions with minimal guidance
- Proficiency with Google Suite and familiarity with Slack required
- Proficiency with Zoom Required
- Strong event planning and project management skills
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and paid sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- 401K match
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunches, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening voluntarily Fall 2021), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successfully completing a background check and having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.#LIRemote #BI-Remote