The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Global Operational Leadership
- Remain accountable for accurate and timely completion of global program delivery.
- Partner with leadership to develop and manage operational programs and service overall global commercials team with an emphasis on global accounts.
- Align with regional ops teams to highlight best practices, and create operational consistency and alignment where appropriate, and enable regional execution of global programs.
- Partner with Product to drive implementation of business priorities as they relate to tools and systems for the Commercial Teams (ex. Salesforce).
- Participate in developing operational strategy with Sr. Director & GM to ensure a high level of departmental productivity.
- Implement continuous improvement, leadership, and increased efficiencies, year-over-year.
- Be a strategic partner and consultant who provides strategic insights, problem solving, and guidance to the global commercial teams.
- Drive internal narratives and executive presentation development.
- Partner with Business Intelligence to ensure reporting needs of Commercial Teams are being met, and to achieve global consistency in KPI definitions.
- Partner with Commercial Analytics to refine data input and requirements for global programs and relevant templates.
- Remain accountable to understand business compliance requirements and their auditability.
- Execute global change initiatives and programs to minimize risk and maximize business gain.
- Implements operational strategy and plan for standardization.
- Provide support to teams specifically around change management, building process, and policy.
- Partner with Commercial Training and key stakeholders to ensure process participants have the training and resources they need to execute successfully.
- Participate in team training and development.
- Provide role modeling for our TTD values across the organization.
- Support Ops Senior Leadership in attracting, developing, and retaining talent.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 5-8 years of experience with increasing seniority within Sales Operations, Program Management, or Management Consulting discipline.
- Experience leading change in fast paced, highly mutable environment.
- Experience leading process improvement or change management projects end to end.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills, with a bias for action.
- Impeccable communication skills and experience managing senior level stakeholders to shared outcomes.
- Experience working in concert with key internal partners, such as Sales, Legal, Finance, Marketing, and Product, to leverage process and systems synergies.
- A high EQ level and proven experience driving change management that is sensitive to organizational context.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and in a fast-paced environment
- Preferred: experience directing Salesforce implementation, including prioritization and roadmap planning in partnership with Product or Engineering teams.
- Preferred skills: multitasker, customer service oriented, attention to detail, organized, analytical, problem-solver.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.